• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Football suspended until 30 April

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL have confirmed.

AndrewP

So we don't play until the pandemic starts to reach it's peak?. Seems odd to me...
I do worry about the financial impact

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
So we don't play until the pandemic starts to reach it's peak?. Seems odd to me...
I do worry about the financial impact
It will be reviewed ongoing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There are huge financial implications across the pyramid. We will have to wait and see what Exeter City say about this, I guess they could dip in to their reserves (and the players budget for next season).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
That's 4 games postponed, with the intention to restart with Cheltenham away. So we lose Salford (H), Scunthorpe (H), Argyle (A), Bradford City (H).

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL statement

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
By the looks the intention is to reschedule the games, but obviously there will be short term financial implications for clubs.

robchave

The danger is that people will get used to having a relaxed, chilled Saturday evening; my better-half will see me smile again; and the cat will stop hiding under the sofa!
Seriously though, without support from those with the cash, some clubs could find themselves in serious financial trouble.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
By the looks the intention is to reschedule the games, but obviously there will be short term financial implications for clubs.
I wonder if the EFL will use their reserves to help clubs out?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow, well this will have a huge affect on how the season pans out. Not good