EFL Football suspended until 30 April

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The advance of £125m from the Premier League to the EFL has been put on hold as the money is for next season, and the EFL needs to give more consideration to club's finances before dishing out the dough.
The thinking is that the consolidation payment being brought forward will mean no money for clubs in August when its normally due to be paid.

A rock & a hard place.

Seriously ramifications for all EFL clubs.If the EFL make a wrong judgment call.They can kiss the current format goodbye.

I wonder if the PL could be stopping the payments ?

There is a even chance that a lot of TV money may have to be paid back to Sky & BT(£750m) if games are not completed by mid July(very likely imo) so will not not want the PL consolidation money being given the the EFL in case that scenario happens(it’s a % of the original TV deal)

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to Chiles on Friday on 5Live...this idea of two games a week (including playoffs) starting in June still sounds the best way of finishing the season....should restrictions permit!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Listening to Chiles on Friday on 5Live...this idea of two games a week (including playoffs) starting in June still sounds the best way of finishing the season....should restrictions permit!
If I remember wasnt there a PL manager kicking off years ago about the amount of games his players could handle in a week ? May have been Fergie or Wenger.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I remember wasnt there a PL manager kicking off years ago about the amount of games his players could handle in a week ? May have been Fergie or Wenger.
IIRC the argument was that the pace and intensity of the modern game made 2 games a week too much for their finely-honed thoroughbreds.

It was special pleading then and it is now.

However if 2 games a week are played in the balmy English summer weather on better pitches and a slightly less frenetic pace even delicate flowers like Delle Ali and James Maddison may be able to cope.