• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Football suspended until 30 April

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont know what kind of games they'll be! Not much of a spectacle! Depending on how soon it is, the players will all be used to staying 2 metres apart from each other! Bowman will have acres of space!
Now that is actually funny Pete!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
FA now saying they hope to complete the WSL by early August; the teams have only 6-9 games each so could do the whole thing in July.

PL and EFL teams of course have 9 or 10 games, even if playoffs abandoned and 3/4 straight up & down. Some PL teams also have FA cup, unless that is scrapped, and Europe for the favoured few. And hundreds of players out of contract on 1st July. Just possible in L1 and L2 if we can restart by Whitsun, 2 games a week need 5 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oldsmobile-88

FA now saying they hope to complete the WSL by early August; the teams have only 6-9 games each so could do the whole thing in July.

Just possible in L1 and L2 if we can restart by Whitsun, 2 games a week need 5 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.
Also the logistics of planning for that many games in a short time span...Police & all the rest for some of the more high profile games,assuming large gatherings are allowed.

PeteUSA

Also the logistics of planning for that many games in a short time span...Police & all the rest for some of the more high profile games,assuming large gatherings are allowed.

Behind closed doors perhaps? With free blanket coverage on TV?

Oldsmobile-88

Behind closed doors perhaps?
I think it is inevitable if the PL/EFL want to conclude this season..

Rosencrantz

I think it is inevitable if the PL/EFL want to conclude this season..
Easy enough for the PL clubs to swallow the loss of match day income but not for EFL clubs who depend on it. There is no way an online PPV income will be anywhere near normal match day revenue for League One and Two clubs.

Oldsmobile-88

Easy enough for the PL clubs to swallow the loss of match day income but not for EFL clubs who depend on it. There is no way an online PPV income will be anywhere near normal match day revenue for League One and Two clubs.
Totally agree with that....Tough times ahead for all EFL clubs whatever happens.

Grecian Max

I think it's gonna be null and void in all honesty, as it becomes clear how long this is going to take to sort out societal norms again, let alone football.

Matt Russell

I agree, perhaps the simplest route, though not without problems.
Bury - Can you expel a Club in a season that didn't happen?

Grecian Max

I agree, perhaps the simplest route, though not without problems.
Bury - Can you expel a Club in a season that didn't happen?

Yeah lots of issues, but like I say can't see football genuinely getting underway again until August/September minimum... think the reality is setting in for everyone now that this is a long haul thing.

Also what happens to next seasonwhen there's a second wave in the winter?

As for Bury... they were kicked from the EFL weren't they? Rather than just told they weren't competing?