• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL decision day - Monday 8th June (now Tues 9th June)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now looks like there won't be a vote before next Tuesday.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last Thursday's Express & Echo interview with Matt Taylor regarding costs.
"We know that we are getting tested twice a week, so that is in place at the moment ... At the moment, the club are covering that cost, but we are led to believe that the EFL will cover the costs for testing".
Did he mention the cost of playing the actual games? - two legs, or three if you get to Wembley.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the many ludicrous aspects is that the play offs are being done to help fulfil the tv contract with Sky. But the play offs normally come after the end of the regular season and can fill otherwise empty tv slots. This year the league two play offs will come when the tv will be awash with Prem, Championship and FACUP games, being shown on Sky, BBC Etc. So only fans from the respective clubs will be interested and even then might not be able to watch in bars etc.due to social distancing restrictions.

Spoonz Red E

Did he mention the cost of playing the actual games? - two legs, or three if you get to Wembley.
No.
Just the tests.

I've not seen anything definitive regarding match costs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL statement

The EFL Board met today (June 3) and considered a number of proposals submitted by EFL clubs in respect of proposed amendments to EFL Regulations in order to determine what will happen in the event the 2019/20 season is curtailed in any EFL division.

This now brings an end to a comprehensive consultation phase and clubs have today received formal notice of the meeting which will now take place on Tuesday, June 9.

At that meeting, clubs will consider a number of different proposals from both clubs and the board of the EFL.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL statement on Covid testing

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So now no L2 players have tested positive. Good news!

Colesman Ballz

EFL statement on Covid testing

I don't like the "sting in the tail", where it states that THE CLUBS will cover the cost of testing !

Banksy

I don't like the "sting in the tail", where it states that THE CLUBS will cover the cost of testing !
Saw that , still sceptical about the whole thing. I also wonder whether the greedy league above us will put the kibosh on it by agreeing no relegation from their league. At least that would save us vital cash and be one in the eye for Plymouth.😂

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw that , still sceptical about the whole thing. I also wonder whether the greedy league above us will put the kibosh on it by agreeing no relegation from their league. At least that would save us vital cash and be one in the eye for Plymouth.😂
I just don't understand how this can be an option. L1 decide on no relegation so tough on L2. It cant be up to the individual leagues within the EFL to decide what to do in terms of promotion and relegation. To play or not, I get there can be a differential, but not to promote/relegate

The whole thing is crying out for some central leadership and parameters, laid down by the FA. Meanwhile the National League wait and see what crumbs are thrown so they can sort themselves out. It is beyond farcical. The FA took the early step to void all leagues from Step 3 down with little consultation yet they've done nothing to steer the PL and EFL into a sensible, coordinated approach.

Last edited: