• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL decision day - Monday 8th June (now Tues 9th June)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now that decisions have been made on finishing this season, the EFL will return to planning for next season.

Last year the fixtures list appeared on 20th June, that is not going to happen this year. They still need to say what's happening with the EFL Trophy final between Pompey and Salford. Plus some thought will need to be given to the FA Cup which normally starts in early August.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now that decisions have been made on finishing this season, the EFL will return to planning for next season.

Last year the fixtures list appeared on 20th June, that is not going to happen this year. They still need to say what's happening with the EFL Trophy final between Pompey and Salford. Plus some thought will need to be given to the FA Cup which normally starts in early August.
As it stands with so much uncertainty about if and when the new season starts, we must surely be re-furloughing the players and staff the moment the play offs are over.

denzel

No imagination from some on here re: Barrow. A weekend in the Lake District would be lovely!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No imagination from some on here re: Barrow. A weekend in the Lake District would be lovely!
I'm looking forward to it, just hope it's not on a Tuesday!

Exactly! Well spoken! Chance for me to go back to my boyhood 'dahn Sarfend'! Look forward to boring my son with his family history! Hmmm...I can smell those Cockles and Mussels already!

ryancooper327

My very best friends live in Barrow so I'd happily make a weekend of it.

Colesman Ballz

My very best friends live in Barrow so I'd happily make a weekend of it.
Poor barstewards ! :)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

Goodness knows what they will come up with. Still huge uncertainty on what the crowds situation will be like.
Irony is most of L2 and National league (but not us) could operate at 25% capacity without reducing the average numbers attending too much, if at all.

If it is only a few weeks into the season that crowds will be allowed, then they might start on time to try and get a full season in and play the first month with no crowds. But they'd need to know that before they start.

I know I sound like a broken record, but that's why I still think they should have left everything as it is and finish this season properly whenever that can be. If that means we field 11 players in our next game who didn't play for us against Walsall then so be it. The players at the point of our next game are still representing Exeter City and it is Exeter City who were 4th in FL Div 2 with 9 games to go, not FC Ward, Martin, Taylor, Bowman, Moxey etc etc.

Banksy

Plus we would have had the bonus RP of not having Plymouth go up under this mumbo jumbo system and the joy after we’d whacked them on the return fixture at Gnome Park.Now we have to put up with the crowing going on on that Good luck City thread.And if Ollie goes for a decent sum and we get good money who knows what we could have done.

Legohead

Banned
There's still a good chance of Ollie going for good money. The way some clubs are still forking out / preparing to fork out stupid sums of money for footballers just shows that not even a global pandemic can make them change their ways. If someone wants Ollie bad enough they'll pay the money for him because nobody in the Prem or top clubs in the Championship has learned anything from this pandemic.

Plymouth are up. By default maybe but they are up. Now it's up to us to ensure we join them but on our own merits unlike them. If we can't do that then we don't deserve to be in L2. Nobody down at slime cares about how Plymouth went up because they are up and i don't care either really. I'd be much more angry about ECFC if we didn't finish the job and join them after being given a fantastic opportunity to do so via the play offs.