• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL decision day - Monday 8th June (now Tues 9th June)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder what the National League will now do, and how quick!
Indeed. No teams have had anyone training to my knowledge. A lot of the players were out of contract on 30th April.

On the basis that Harrogate were 2nd, 3pts clear and a game in hand on Notts County, they should come up. But they need to be quick, they have a plastic pitch which would need to be ripped up and replaced.

Undisguised glee locally that Stevenage are one step closer to coming down.

I don't quite see how Macc's points deductions work. Surely the season has now ended. Therefore the table is the table. If they are deducted, it is after the end of the season. Plus its PPG so any deduction should be pro-rata'd by the number of games. Deducting 3 points over 46 games is not the same as deducting 3 over 37.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Financial thing aside got to be excited by the fixtures. We've never lost a play off semi and the second legs v Oxford, Torquay, Lincoln and Carlisle have been the best games of the season. Great time to get out of league 2, come on you reds!

STURTZ

Wonder if City want any fireworks?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Wonder if City want any fireworks?
Would you need any help?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gonna be seriously depressed if we are still in L2 next season playing the likes of darned Barrow. :confused:

iscalad

Gonna be seriosly depressed if we are still in L2 next season playing the likes of darned Barrow. :confused:
Ah, I seem to remember seeing us put 7 past them.

budegrecian

Ah, I seem to remember seeing us put 7 past them.
I remember seeing that one too. There was a piece in one of the national papers a few weeks ago about Alan Banks & how he was hoping that Barrow get promoted as he felt guilty about playing a part in their losing league status. I think it also mentioned how his daughter had subsequently married a chap from Barrow.
Apologies for the digression.

denzel

Gonna be seriously depressed if we are still in L2 next season playing the likes of darned Barrow. :confused:
There are worse things. Having a club is the most important thing. We have no idea what will be left of the EFL when the new season starts.
Though just listening to Barry Fry moaning like a baby has cheered me up.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
This could a perfect opportunity for City to enlist the help of past volunteers to help out here and there before and after the game with any clear up duties !

And the fact I have at least 300 latex gloves and my own yellow hi viz coat may come in handy, Just saying like.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Financial thing aside got to be excited by the fixtures. We've never lost a play off semi and the second legs v Oxford, Torquay, Lincoln and Carlisle have been the best games of the season. Great time to get out of league 2, come on you reds!
Agreed, now that the games have been confirmed I’m surprised how excited I’m feeling at the prospect of some football to watch. Just have a nagging feeling that our perfect record in play-off semis has to end sometime.