• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ed James

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
thanks - the youth football age group may well explain some puzzlement I'd had about which year Archie Collins was in (birthday 31 August).
That is also my birthday and it did cause some trouble at youth level when I was playing as the D&E League had a different cut off from the Juventus League. I basically had three years at u13 level and tended to play one year below my school year group where I was always the youngest in the year/school.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
An invite from Tiverton Town for
Saturday.

Grecian Ed

I’ve heard through twitter Southampton are sniffing around Ed.

andrew p long

Thanks Ed (any relation?)

Banksy

Can’t get me ‘ed round that Ed.😉

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this is the difficulty with having such a good academy, that bigger sides will take the gamble earlier on our players. But again it still provides a good stream of revenue for us, as Alfie Pond proved, £500,000 for a player who's played a few National league games is not to be sniffed at, just a shame as Alfie would have had a good chance of game time this season with the injuries and poor form of the defence this season.

Rosencrantz

I think this is the difficulty with having such a good academy, that bigger sides will take the gamble earlier on our players. But again it still provides a good stream of revenue for us, as Alfie Pond proved, £500,000 for a player who's played a few National league games is not to be sniffed at, just a shame as Alfie would have had a good chance of game time this season with the injuries and poor form of the defence this season.
Not only would he have got games, I think his valuation would have gone up as well. He is such a good prospect, I think he would have cemented his place in the side. Would have fitted in easily with what GC wants as well as a ball playing centre back. Could well have doubled his valuation by the end of this season.

Memphis09

Not only would he have got games, I think his valuation would have gone up as well. He is such a good prospect, I think he would have cemented his place in the side. Would have fitted in easily with what GC wants as well as a ball playing centre back. Could well have doubled his valuation by the end of this season.
Another player who left the club to early
Should stay and get experience under his belt then move

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree but if a Premier League club waves a 5 year contract under your nose it would be hard to say no.

Rosencrantz

Time will tell. I do feel Mark Ellis would have had a better career at a higher level if he had stayed instead of moving to Bolton (PL at the time).