• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ed James

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having already had minutes in League One it's about time he had a thread of his own...

He'll need some luck there. Weymouth are rock-bottom.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big step up from Saltash. Starts on the bench today.

Bridgy 81

Hopefully a good move for him and us with some game time at a decent level.
Also it may mean, if we can afford to let him go on loan, some combination of Cheick, Grounds and/or Stubbs are available or very close.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Big step up for Ed, and a tough challenge to get game time. If he plays and does well there it will be a big achievement and augur (immensely) well for his future.

Weymouth are in National South, the 6th tier. That's 3 tiers higher than Saltash where he went on loan in August.

Its also a tier higher than Alfie Pond went to (Tivvy) at a similar age/stage. And Alfie's initial loan there wasn't generally judged as that successful.

( therefore I wouldn't be surprised if this loan turns out to be a bit too early/ambitious )

Grecianpasty

Big step up for Ed, and a tough challenge to get game time. If he plays and does well there it will be a big achievement and augur (immensely) well for his future.

Weymouth are in National South, the 6th tier. That's 3 tiers higher than Saltash where he went on loan in August.

Its also a tier higher than Alfie Pond went to (Tivvy) at a similar age/stage. And Alfie's initial loan there wasn't generally judged as that successful.

( therefore I wouldn't be surprised if this loan turns out to be a bit too early/ambitious )
I think this loan is seen more as a taster for both Weymouth and Ed to see what level he is at before deciding whether or not to continue the loan for the rest of the season. Physically, he's at a stage where he could play at that level, no problem.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see it's being described as a work experience loan

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not in Weymouth's squad for their FA Cup match versus MK today. I wonder of ee refused permission to stop him being cup-tied? Probably sensible to do so.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not in Weymouth's squad for their FA Cup match versus MK today. I wonder of ee refused permission to stop him being cup-tied? Probably sensible to do so.
They're playing Wimbledon.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're playing Wimbledon.
Oops. Got Taunton on the brain.

Agent Andy

Played for our 18s today