• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ed James

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's been recalled from his loan at Weymouth according to the dorset echo. Apparently the club want to loan him out to a club at a lower level so he can get regular football.
And to think he had to come on and play for us in league 1!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, but I suppose it’s because we’re in League One as you say that our young player’s loans probably need to at a higher level to get them ready to be selectable for the first team.
Is chucking them into the deep end before they are ready making them selectable though or having the opposite effect?

Bridgy 81

I appreciate it’s a conundrum but maybe it’s a sign that any younger players who we want/need to introduce into the first team will have to develop faster and be better sooner.
One of the ‘good problems’ which comes with being promoted perhaps?

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weymouth was ever the right club. They're shit this season to be frank and the lack of game time means he's probably learnt nothing at all there.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weymouth was ever the right club. They're shit this season to be frank and the lack of game time means he's probably learnt nothing at all there.
I remember we had joel randall on loan there a few years ago. He hardly played for them so we recalled him.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember we had joel randall on loan there a few years ago. He hardly played for them so we recalled him.
Wasn't that Dorchester?

Colesman Ballz

Wasn't that Dorchester?
I don't recall any problems with loans to Dorchester, but Weymuff doesn't seem to work out as they never seem to give our youngsters much playing time, they just use them to make up numbers in training sessions which is a complete waste of time.

andrew p long

Wasn't that Dorchester?
No, it was Weymouth.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't that Dorchester?
Nope. Weymouth

DawlishBouy

Just about to make his debut for Tiverton.