• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v PAFC.....

Daughter of I_M

I know the scenes last night were disgraceful but am I the only one thinking that it may happen when they visit us. We have the hoolies too.....

I pray it doesn't and everyone behaves. Please.

Ian Mancey

DOIM
Never saw any trouble before the game, plenty of atmosphere and excitement and inside it was electric! probably the best atmosphere Ive been in?
only kicked off in the Plymouth end when they scored! It was nothing to do with Exeter at all purly Plymouth vs stewards and the police. Have alook at all the footage hardly any stewards infront of the city support! plenty in front of those idiots!
After the game the away fans have to exit and walk to past the same exit as the home fans and they jumped on anything that moved!

Will it happen at SJP - The police normally close off St James road for the away support and especially Plymouth so No I dont think it will.
What happens away from the ground, where and when is another thing.

Mr Bridger

I was starting to wonder why no one had started a thread on yesterdays trouble and then this popped up.

stuartsdog

Yes i think it will happen at the home game
lots of very unhappy chaps in exeter
i would not like to be a scum fan coming to this game

Daughter of I_M

I was starting to wonder why no one had started a thread on yesterdays trouble and then this popped up.
Looking at from when we host, will we kick off. not about last night....

Mr Bridger

Terribly sorry young lady:)

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even more so as there is a reasonable chance there'll be something beyond bragging rights riding on it for either or both of us. When did our last home game of the season not matter? 2001?

It was said at the time, but it remains unbelievably crass scheduling. The game was going to be problematic enough with our small capacity without all the added pressure of being the last game. They could bring 3000 and will only get 1200, all needing to cram through 2 turnstiles. We will sell out regardless unless (god forbid) we're already relegated.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think the trouble will be anywhere near as much simply because of the geography of St James Park. It is easier to contain the away support on St James Road while we all dispurse to our cars whereas we all saw what happened at Gnome Park last night. We're penned into an area with no way out other than to go past the Ariggle thugs and the area for them to hang around in is too large to be policed effectively.

Last edited:

axred

Nearly all your posts Mr Bridger are to moan what somebody has wrote , mod wannabe

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes i think it will happen at the home game
lots of very unhappy chaps in exeter
i would not like to be a scum fan coming to this game
You sound like you are relishing the possibility chap. Is that so?