• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Newport Attendance

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Assuming the turnout on Boxing Day is at least 5,590 (which looks a pretty safe bet) that will take the average for the first 12 games of the season to 5,000. That is of course bumped up by the Argyle game but it's nonetheless a pretty healthy increase. The only really below-par gate was for the Northampton game, which I confess surprised me, it was the only Saturday attendance below 4,000 so far and the away contingent ws pretty much spot on forecast. I though yesterday's would be lower as the Saturday before Xmas is generally reckoned to be a difficult sell, but 4,323 was very pleasing.

If we can keep up our league position and entertaining the crowds (11 goals in the last 2 games at SJP...) then 5,000 for the whole season looks possible, though a stretch.

This would be nearly 600 more than last season (4,416) and 1,000 more than 2 seasons ago when we only drew an average of 4.004 because of the 2 sided ground.

Matt Russell

600 x 23 = 13,800.
If you include in-house food/drink/programme sales etc, is there an estimate of how this equates to total income?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would also love to know how the numbers for standing and sitting compare. Are a higher proportion of people now choosing to sit since the opening of the new grandstand? If so, that would presumably mean the income generated per person is higher.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
600 x 23 = 13,800.
If you include in-house food/drink/programme sales etc, is there an estimate of how this equates to total income?
It wouldn't be an average ticket price of £23 though. As you know, there are various concessions for oldies, youngsters, students. But you're right that on the other hand there will be increases in catering services ++

Matt Russell

My "23" was for the number of home league games, not seat price.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wouldn't be an average ticket price of £23 though. As you know, there are various concessions for oldies, youngsters, students. But you're right that on the other hand there will be increases in catering services ++
(Matt beat me to it)

I think he means 23 games, not £23 a head. The yield (average revenue per person after VAT) is nearer £11 given a high number of season tickets and discounts, but a higher percentage of away fans and seated customers does tend to increase the yield somewhat.

Grecian2K

Errm Mike...I think he meant 23 games.

So multiply 13,800 but your averaged admission price to convert into £££s

Even a "conservative" (sorry mate!) estimate of £15 per head would take it to an extra (and,. presumably unbudgeted) "windfall" would take it north of £200k - and, as you say, that's without the extra spin-offs as well.

More than compensates for the loss of income from the Hartlepool sdebacle.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Errm Mike...I think he meant 23 games.

So multiply 13,800 but your averaged admission price to convert into £££s

Even a "conservative" (sorry mate!) estimate of £15 per head would take it to an extra (and,. presumably unbudgeted) "windfall" would take it north of £200k - and, as you say, that's without the extra spin-offs as well.

More than compensates for the loss of income from the Hartlepool sdebacle.
You have to take 20% VAT from all ticket prices.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
How bad is the state of the pitch now? Cutting up badly towards the end of walsall... might not make for pretty viewing at xmas?

Grecian2K

Yep, forgot the VAT...so revise my estimate per ticket to a slightly more "liberal" £18 instead? :p