• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC V FGR Matchday thread

FGR lost four on the bounce and not won away since first game of the season. Hopefully not another Cheltenham or Burton, but it's City so you never know.

If the home stands are sold out we should be pushing 7k surely.

David Treharne

Welcome to wetworld, Exeter Style. It's rained intermittently since 22:00 last night, and though it's currently not raining there was a very heavy shower just after 09:00. We've had 14mm of rain in the last 24 hours, which has followed on from a couple of equally wet days. The wind is WNW, and it's currently 12c, though that's the highest that it's likely to get as the barometric pressure is dropping rapidly with the wind showing signs of moving round to W, which will bring in colder air and gustier winds. My guess is that it'll be dry for most of the match but will start raining again shortly afterwards. For completists 'sunset' is 16.36 (good luck!) So the pitch has had large quantities of rain dumped on in, which may help the visitors. However, after the post Christmas burst of matches our players should have had a good rest, and the ability to work a little more with the new manager ( as a matter of debate, how long before 'a new manager' ceases to be as such?). Looking forwrd to the match, if not the weather, Update around 13:00.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's start our New Year home form with a nice win. UTC.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

rooecfc

Long shot but looking for a big bank ticket if anyone has a spare?? Thanks

grecianred

Also really desperate for a ticket. I wasn’t sure I could go till late yesterday and now kicking myself. Fingers crossed someone can come through as twitter is full of bots and scammers!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The players have had a good couple of weeks rest so should be ready to go,so expecting a lively performance from City,but the attacking options on the 70 minute mark will be interesting.

May be worth popping to ticket booth. I thought I’d bought a ticket on t’interweb for Oxford but hadn’t completed the purchase. The guy just dished me out one when I arrived to collect.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see Torquay's game is off. We are so fortunate to have Chas and his team and that fantastic new pitch.