• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Crawley Town build up, predictions etc. 1PM KICK OFF

Information

Matt Russell

Short, succinct and to the point, and dated 2nd July 2018. Should have sunk in by now I reckon.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could be more than just the 3 points at stake with this 1:00 O’clock kickoff, if we can win the match before everyone else has played it could have a quite a downer on our rivals and there supporters

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are trains running from exmouth on Friday?

denzel

Are trains running from exmouth on Friday?
Yes, normal service

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No Brett Huxtable for the next two games!

IndoMike

Maybe this has been commented on before but the problem for Huxtable being from Devon is that he has to avoid any accusations of favoritism, which might be mentioned if he gives any 50-50 decisions in our favor. Also, he's a carp referee in the first place.

Maybe this has been commented on before but the problem for Huxtable being from Devon is that he has to avoid any accusations of favoritism, which might be mentioned if he gives any 50-50 decisions in our favor. Also, he's a carp referee in the first place.
Very much agree and as I've said previously on this site I have twice written to the EFL labouring this very point; they replied (amazing!) but they are reluctant to accept it or do anything about it
Maybe if more of us- instead of just whingeing on here-mailed EFL then there is possibly more of a chance that something might be done about it.
Perhaps best not to mention his apparent lack of mobility but I did provide examples of his inability to get the big decisions correct.
I can understand the business logic for EFL of minimising travel time and reimbursed costs for the match officials as far as possible but he really shouldn't be reffing in his home county!

IndoMike

Very much agree and as I've said previously on this site I have twice written to the EFL labouring this very point; they replied (amazing!) but they are reluctant to accept it or do anything about it
Maybe if more of us- instead of just whingeing on here-mailed EFL then there is possibly more of a chance that something might be done about it.
Perhaps best not to mention his apparent lack of mobility but I did provide examples of his inability to get the big decisions correct.
I can understand the business logic for EFL of minimising travel time and reimbursed costs for the match officials as far as possible but he really shouldn't be reffing in his home county!
I thought I'd seen a post before SOS and sorry if I repeated your point. Did you mention your last point to the EFL about the EFL saving on expenses? Think they should be made aware that we are aware of that issue, if you get my drift.

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

I thought I'd seen a post before SOS and sorry if I repeated your point. Did you mention your last point to the EFL about the EFL saving on expenses? Think they should be made aware that we are aware of that issue, if you get my drift.
But it's not the EFL who pay the Officials expenses, it's the HOME club, ie ECFC! This point was mentioned some years ago in a thread on Exeweb but i can't remember why or when.