• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Carlisle Utd Matchday thread

sidney

Grounds was badly at fault for their goal. If you watch their breakaway for the goal, he makes no attempt to get back to the eventual goalscorer, very lazy.
Agree. We actually noted it in real time, shouting 'get back' from the stand.

Pobbop

We played literally 3 at the back because we were only against ten players. Key and Caprice were not any kind of backs in this set up (not wing or full), but were attacking wide players. This is a completely different set up from the normal "3 at the back" when the wing backs all too often become full backs.....
This is patent nonsense....

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is patent nonsense....
I am describing what I saw. Can you point out what I've got wrong?

Pobbop

I am describing what I saw. Can you point out what I've got wrong?
We weren't against 10 men until 44 minutes for one thing, so everything else after becomes moot.

4 at the back made us look poor, against a poor side, no creativity, and little cohesion, you clearly don't want to see that.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
We weren't against 10 men until 44 minutes for one thing, so everything else after becomes moot.

4 at the back made us look poor, against a poor side, no creativity, and little cohesion, you clearly don't want to see that.
I was talking about when we changed from four at the back to three at the back which was when Grounds came on for Daniel ( as was Sea Grecian whose comment I was replying to). By this time we'd be playing against 10 men for a while

Pobbop

I was talking about when we changed from four at the back to three at the back which was when Grounds came on for Daniel ( as was Sea Grecian whose comment I was replying to). By this time we'd be playing against 10 men for a while
fair enough, I apologize.

DawlishBouy

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jevani Brown in the EFL L2 team of the week

CraigECFC

Looks like Nombe does get a touch! Curling away from goal before it the slightest of touches off the studs.

Memphis09

Coley wasn't helped with the sort of service he was getting. Daniel's passing wasn't brilliant generally and some of the dross being fed to him Archie Collins...................................... Collins performance yesterday backed up why I'd prefer to have Taylor in the side once he is fit.
Totally agree