• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Cambridge Official match day thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rog: Take the 'h' out of Anthony while you have the time!

Last edited:

Number13

I agree with TPC and others. Harley needs to be played centrally not on the left. Still has the ability to contribute at League 2 level IMO. He has always had a tendency to go missing/appear not to be interested from time to time.

Can The Cheese get enough of a tune out of him ?
Harley needs the team built round him as it was back in 07/08. He is at his best as the 10 in a 4-2-3-1 but to get him in means leaving too many others out. I assume thisnis the last year of his deal and may well therefore be the last as a Professional

IndoMike

This thread is dead, first game of the season and hardly any posts for 2 - 3 hours, either Exeweb is on it's last legs or far fewer people give a toss about ECFC.
People can follow the match in so many ways now that it will inevitably have an effect on Exeweb matchday thread attendances. However, hopefully the post-match chat on Exeweb will hold up. I do think Exeweb needs a bit of refreshing, though, and suggest Lez and friends start a thread requesting ideas on how to liven it up.

STURTZ

I expect that Holmes will get a full game on Tuesday, perhaps for the battered and bruised Wheeler.

iscalad

Being the height of the holiday season of course had nothing to do with it did it...not a crap gate at all
3,322 for first home game last season. Excellent turn out yesterday.

STURTZ

Was pleased to find that even with two sides closed and a reasonable crowd, there was plenty of room on the bank.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Indeed, but I wish the child that did it made it clear whether the 4,289 included the 318. Its a crap gate for the first game of the season on a nice day. Did the curse of iFollow already strike?
Compare it, if you will, with the first home league game of the season last August (the 13th), where the attendance was 3,322 (which we lost, to relegated Hartlepool). At that point too, supporters wouldn't have been able to foretell how disastrous that opening sequence of defeats would turn out to be so there was no real negative factor.

Accepting that the monkey hangers wouldn't have brought many, I still think yesterday's gate was a significant increase.

The actual first home game of the season (the League cup on 9th August 2016) attracted just 2633.

angelic upstart

What about the previous season?

I thought the gate was alright, incidentally.

Rog H K

Rog: Take the 'h' out of Anthony while you have the time!
I see you had made an edit Pete in your post that you advised me to make and edit. If only we were all perfect :p

Red Bill

Red Bill, They didn't replace Ibehere... played him all game and added the no. 9 Ichpezu at HT
God I need to get my eyes checked, I was convinced he'd been subbed at half time, I even looked through the team while they were waiting to kick off , it's not like he''s difficult to spot! Oh well better take some binoculars next time::$

Last edited: