• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Cambridge Official match day thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on man, a 2 year old could find out what the attendance was today !!

geoffwp

Where does Moxey fit in ??
Good question. The backline played very soundly today and on that basis doesn't deserve to be dismantled just to allow an old favourite a start. As far as the Harley question is concerned I've been a long time ginger fan, probably making more of an allowance for the times he goes on walkabout than maybe I should. It's those moments of magic that get to earn him the execution stays. However, as others have said, those just don't happen when he is played out wide. Why Tis decides to do it with Holmes still warming the bench is something I just don't get. Oh, and my MOM was Wheeler. Everytime he had the ball he created chances and regularly out jumped players taller than him. Indeed, a mate who I was with kept saying Wheeler was the new spring-heeled Jack! Add to that the bits that were kicked off him, I reckon he deserved it just for the bravery he showed.

PS Spoonz, is that masterpiece for sale? A cert for the Royal Academy summer exhibition.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Fabulous start to the season. When I saw the Aug fixtures I thought Cambs, Swindon and Lincoln would be a challenging start, first challenge over. On the point about Holmes, I would play him every time when fit. He is a great player and in my view could easily play in league 1. It is good to have a selection headache for a change though :). Maybe we can be strategic and have horses for courses this year

IndoMike

The only effective position for Harley is attacking midfielder. He is the player who can shoot well from within 30 yards and the player who can give the through ball for McAlinden. Defensive or wide midfielder is not his thing and is a waste of a player. We have to leave out Tilson or James to make way for him, but if he doesn't perform consistently he should be dropped : we are not so good that we can carry a player.
The good thing is that Brown and JMT are forming a solid partnership and that we have good competition at left back. If Sweeney can improve and with Tilson at defensive midfielder we should be difficult to beat.
Lets see if we can get good results from Swindon away and/ or Lincoln at home so we can have a better idea of where we stand.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Someone's been at the crayon box again LOL

PeteUSA

Someone's been at the crayon box again LOL
Indeed, but I wish the child that did it made it clear whether the 4,289 included the 318. Its a crap gate for the first game of the season on a nice day. Did the curse of iFollow already strike?

Antony Moxey

It's not that crap a gate - we have got two sides of the ground closed plus this early in August there will be a number of people on their summer hols. As for iFollow, if it's only supposed to be available to those outside the U.K. How many people watching would have travelled here and chose to watch online instead? I suspect the numbers to be literally no more than a handful.

Rog H K

Indeed, but I wish the child that did it made it clear whether the 4,289 included the 318. Its a crap gate for the first game of the season on a nice day. Did the curse of iFollow already strike?
Have you seen how much sand is at Dawlish Warren these days?

Rog H K

Don't bite Anthony (facepalm)

grecian

Being the height of the holiday season of course had nothing to do with it did it...not a crap gate at all