• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Cambridge Official match day thread

Greetings Exewebbers from Canberra. Here's to a great season. Late nights and early mornings beckon again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hopefully no transport issues today, and we all get to SJP on time. The start of a new season is always a time of optimism. I hope we have good cause to still be optimistic come 5pm.

Anyways Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/08/03/next-up-exeter-city-vs-cambridge-utd-2/

Owens

2-2 on a nice sunny day at the Park.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on you reds - bit weird writing this at 8.20pm in the USA but there you go. Let's hope for a good start to the season and a solid win. Good luck to Tis and the boys for the season ahead.
You sorted out with a proxy fred, or are you really over here?

David Treharne

Morning! The strange start to August continues; it's currently 16c (and for comparison last year it was 22c) with the wind blowing WNW force 3. As I write we've just had a passing rain shower and the wind speed increased as it blew through. There's 50% grey cumulus cloud cover. Should warm up during the course of the day, but there's always the chance of a passing shower . In fact to quote Frankie Beverley "Joy and pain, are like sunshine and rain", so it remains to be seen whether the football on offer this afternoon gives more pain than joy or the other way round? An update at about 13:00 before I join the throng in FECRACE bar all telling each other what they've done during the short break twixt seasons.

PeteUSA

What does FECRACE stand for David?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What does FECRACE stand for David?
It's the real ale and cider bar.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

It's the real ale and cider bar.
Its probably just me, but I dont make that FECRACE? :(

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here we go again then folks hold on tight for the ride as there is sure to be many twists and turns along the way.
1-1 draw today to get us on the board.
Let's get behind the team from the start and here's hoping for the season ahead.
UTC [ecfc]

DB9

Looking forward to another season, Got here early, Visiting mother in Wonford, Also avoided the nightmare A31/A35 later in the day, So here's to 46 games of delight and agony hopefully ending in promotion