• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Some Sunny Day fanzine issue 28 PDF

SomeSunnyDay

In the absence of any football matches at the moment, issue 28 of ECFC Some Sunny Day fanzine is a Covid-secure PDF version, which we're sending out to everyone on our mailing list.

It's attached here but if you'd like it emailed to you then please PM us your email address.

It's also our last ever issue so whether you're a contributor, seller, subscriber and/or regular or ad hoc purchaser - thank you so much for your support over the past seven seasons. (y)

All the best and UTC!

The SSD Team

Attachments

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
What??? Why are you stopping? Such a shame.

Ian Tarr

Shocked to receive the PDF, as I only ever bought at the ground.
Sad it's over, but many thanks to Sarah, Stephen and everybody else who contributed along the way.
Four years doing something like this represents a major effort. I doff my cap in awe.

LOG

What??? Why are you stopping? Such a shame.
Although it might not look like it, it’s a very time consuming thing to put together. All of the articles are edited when they come in and once that’s done we have to get them into a format that works for the layout of the pages, move things around so that there aren’t blank spaces, decide on the order, put in suitable pics (which have to resized or cropped first) and so on. Then it’s edited at least once again before it goes off to print.

When we started I never thought we’d last seven years and whilst we’ve really enjoyed it and are incredibly grateful to everyone who helped in any way, it came to the point where it was just becoming too much and the fun was quickly being taken out of it. Standing in the rain trying to sell to people who obviously weren’t interested wasn’t much fun either!

LOG

Shocked to receive the PDF, as I only ever bought at the ground.
Sad it's over, but many thanks to Sarah, Stephen and everybody else who contributed along the way.
Four years doing something like this represents a major effort. I doff my cap in awe.
Thank you and i'm glad you came back after our shaky start!

andrew p long

Yes, seven years is an amazing stint for a print based fanzine.

thanks to everyone; much enjoyed down the years!

Alistair20000

A sad day.

My assignations with Lionel in Stadium Way come to an end. 😢

As others have said, thank you for all you have done and at such a modest price too. 👏

Ian Tarr

Thank you and i'm glad you came back after our shaky start!
What shaky start? ;-)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very disappointed SomeSunnyDay was an excellent product. The quality of writing being way above the standard of your typical Club fanzine.

Tim Long

Never mind the curse of the programme cover as featured in the final SSD, what about the curse of SSD ? A re-write of the lyrics of the most famous song by Vera Lynn and a review of the autobiography of Theo Foley both featured in that last issue. Just saying.