ECFC Face Masks

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we keep to the subject please? There are other threads for criticising the club/Trust/mascots/refreshment kiosks/stewards etc.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Craigs masks looks miles better than that market rip off. The whole badge on your nose would look really stupid IMO, there's a subtlety about these things.

My curent mask is https://www.bootio.co.uk/product/blue-england

Would be interested to see some City alternatives!
Personal taste, innit. Much prefer the one with the full city badge tbh. Craig's one looks like a pretty badly put together jigsaw puzzle - no subtlety there!

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed, it is personal taste.
I like Craig's because I see it as an Exeter logo - not just City.

I'd also be keen to have a mask that was more specifically City.
My taste would be black as the base colour, irregular red and white patterning and the crest smaller and to one side.
Something like this (only a rough mock up done on Paint)

With the Grecians badge desgn as an alternative to the club Crest version.
The irregular red and white patterning could also be based on the 1993-94 Carling shirt pattern shapes as a nod to retro.

Last edited:

Rosencrantz

Personal taste, innit. Much prefer the one with the full city badge tbh. Craig's one looks like a pretty badly put together jigsaw puzzle - no subtlety there!
I agree City fans would probably more prefer the City badge. I would think it would be better to the side of the mask where it would be less creased.

I would very much prefer though that the maker and seller had City's permission and wasn't some rip off merchant acting fast and loose with any potential copyright or intellectual property belonging to the club.

CraigECFC

Away from the design discussion a further £200 pound from sales has been donated to the club this morning. Around the £600 mark now I believe.

Will speak to the club today in regards to a full crest design but won’t do it without their permission.