• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Community Trust

Andy_H

There's a item on BBC Spotlight this evening about the work that the Community Trust do with young people.

No idea what it says as i've just seen it previewed at he beginning of the programme.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's about boxing.

Pete F

BBC iPlayer - Spotlight - Evening News: 22/09/2021
the piece is about 15.24 into the programme , it's using boxing as a way to help young people who might otherwsie make some poor choices , make some good choices about their lives and by being alongside the CCT coaches they get some positive role models .

Andy Holloway

It's about boxing.
Strange as it may seem I managed to work that out when I watched it! But actually not just boxing but, as Pete says, using boxing as a way of controlling agression.
Another real positive from ECFC Community Trust, well done Jamie and your whole team.

Red Bill

It actually a Bristol charity that runs this (was on Points West last night too), City are just the first outside agency to take this up. A very good idea though!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange as it may seem I managed to work that out when I watched it!
I saw it at lunchtime and only saw your post, which was timed before it aired in the evening, after the item would have been shown. There was no way I could have known that you or anyone else had seen it so I was trying to be helpful. Thanks for the sarcasm though.

Bridgy 81

I have a genuine question, which I should probably already know the answer to.
I’m sure someone on here will know or be able to point me in the right direction to read for myself.
I can see City’s Community Trust does very good and important work in itself and through that no doubt also raises the profile and reputation of the football core side of the club.
But I don’t understand how they’re funded - perhaps they get local or national grants to support their work?
Presumably they don’t generate any income as such so obviously need money from somewhere to operate.
Thanks.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
A mixture of grants, donations, sponsorships and legacies.

The EFL Trust delivers an annual grant.
Some grants are provided to facilitate the educational and community services they provide.

Fundraisers are held.

Sponsorship is encouraged

Here are the accounts from 2022 (use the filter by accounts checkbox)

Bridgy 81

A mixture of grants, donations, sponsorships and legacies.

The EFL Trust delivers an annual grant.
Some grants are provided to facilitate the educational and community services they provide.

Fundraisers are held.

Sponsorship is encouraged

Here are the accounts from 2022 (use the filter by accounts checkbox)
Thanks Spoonz.
Very helpful.