• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eamonn Dolan

exehausted2

Listened to John Hartson's story on The Real Full Monty (ITV last night) and it reminded me of football's loss of Eamonn Dolan who I often think about. We are lucky to have a club like ours now and Eamonn helped drag it back from the brink. Let's hope we continue to move forward on the basis of the values that he emphasised.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listened to John Hartson's story on The Real Full Monty (ITV last night) and it reminded me of football's loss of Eamonn Dolan who I often think about. We are lucky to have a club like ours now and Eamonn helped drag it back from the brink. Let's hope we continue to move forward on the basis of the values that he emphasised.
Have a couple of dvds recording the seasons when Eamo was in charge. We were a real team then crowds, manager and team. His level of touch line enthusiasm and the way he used to fire up the crowd was second to none and in stark contrast to Tisdale’s pattern of behaviour.

budegrecian

If ever there was a 'right man for the right time' Eamo was it. His passion & amazing positivity was exactly what was needed to get the club through those very difficult times.
Missed but never forgotten.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always thought Dolan a very likeable chap with an obvious passion for the club both as a player and manager, but in both respects never thought that passion ever fully translated into talent.

malcolms

Always thought Dolan a very likeable chap with an obvious passion for the club both as a player and manager, but in both respects never thought that passion ever fully translated into talent.
As a player, you might be right, but it would be difficult to argue against his record as a mentor to young players making their way in the game...The work he did at Reading was outstanding by any standards...

Antony Moxey

I’m not on about Reading Malcs, nor as a mentor to nippers, I’m on about his time here as manager.

Langer

Never heard a bad word said about him and that is unheard of on here :)

tom_ecfc

Would anyone know the reason for Eamonn Dolan wearing a home shirt from 1984-86 season when he was with us from 1991-93?
B84A39C8-41DE-485A-B0E0-1EFEBBF52C72.jpeg

Rosencrantz

Would anyone know the reason for Eamonn Dolan wearing a home shirt from 1984-86 season when he was with us from 1991-93?
View attachment 10837
City players often wore old kits as training gear back in those days. It is possible he posed for that pic before/during/after training at the Cat and Fiddle, as it was then.

tom_ecfc

City players often wore old kits as training gear back in those days. It is possible he posed for that pic before/during/after training at the Cat and Fiddle, as it was then.
Thanks for your reply @Rosencrantz 👍