• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Drum Poll

Should we have a drum?

• Yes

Votes: 107 63.3%
  • No

Votes: 62 36.7%

• Total voters

Nidds

Yep, that's a real classic song. Works a treat at Aldershot.... ;)
Yep, used to work well when we played the yellow lot.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The drummer will only play on certain songs (we're the red and White army for example)

Very important to remember this! It won't be pounding all game, it's to aid the singing not overide it :)

JamieEcfc

The drummer will only play on certain songs (we're the red and White army for example)

Very important to remember this! It won't be pounding all game, it's to aid the singing not overide it :)
Will it be there on saturday?

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Nay, they're annoying as f*ck and for my money they don't create the atmosphere we're after (like the away trip to Sheff Utd) but instead create a horrible plastic tacky atmosphere (like England games).

Stick the drum up yer arse.

lmartin

Administrator
Nay, they're annoying as f*ck and for my money they don't create the atmosphere we're after (like the away trip to Sheff Utd) but instead create a horrible plastic tacky atmosphere (like England games).
One atmosphere may lead to another! Thing is, there has been zero>very little in the way of 'atmosphere' at SJP recently - the Rochdale game being a candidate for exception. And it's got to be better than that!

mfcrocker

One atmosphere may lead to another!
This comment is not based in reality whatsoever.

Thing is, there has been zero>very little in the way of 'atmosphere' at SJP recently - the Rochdale game being a candidate for exception. And it's got to be better than that!
I'd actually much rather have the soothing dull tones of the Big Bank moaners than some tw*t with a drum.

Grecian Max

Cheery this morning spacko?

Its not plastic sh*t, Reading type atmosphere (which I f*cking hate, I get you!) we're after actually. A drum can be used properly like in Europe, like at the Shots, like at Palace.

The Equalizor

I voted [y] I like a good drumming me :D

mfcrocker

Cheery this morning spacko?

Its not plastic sh*t, Reading type atmosphere (which I f*cking hate, I get you!) we're after actually. A drum can be used properly like in Europe, like at the Shots, like at Palace.
Disagreeing with you != not cheery this morning :p

What makes you think you're able to utilise a drum in the "correct" fashion?

Grecian Max

What makes you think you're able to utilise a drum in the "correct" fashion?
By giving the drummer a bit of guidance before the actual event and tell them what's required - eg drum for the songs that need them - red and white army for example has never worked on the BB, and was at it's best with a drum at Wycombe - and leave it for those that don't.

Rather than turning up with it randomly.

Disagreeing with you != not cheery this morning :p
:D yeah!