• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Donovan Wilson joins on loan

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Released by Wolves and now plying his trade permanently in Spain playing for segunda division B side BUrgos. Still not quite banging them in, played 9 scored 1 (1 more than he did for us in ten), but he did however enjoy our passing style of play and close proximity to his home in Bristol.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Released by Wolves and now plying his trade permanently in Spain playing for segunda division B side BUrgos. Still not quite banging them in, played 9 scored 1 (1 more than he did for us in ten), but he did however enjoy our passing style of play and close proximity to his home in Bristol.
Not surprised. I thought he was no better than some of our academy lads.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't remember him to be honest so that shows the impression he left on me!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't remember him to be honest so that shows the impression he left on me!
His only memorable contribution was controlling a throw in at Notts County and providing the cross for Nicky Law's winner when we were down to 10 men. We wasnt missed!

Exehausted

I didn't think he was as good as some of our academy lads. For a lot of lads that go out to clubs like ours it's the last chance saloon. The parent club knows that they are likely to be released and so will the player. It puts them in the shop window and if they do incredibly well the parent club will ask for a fee or a large sell on, just in case they become a success. I think this is also the case with the U21 teams in the EFL Trophy. The quality of these teams are quite often very poor and most of the players are in the last year of their contract. I have been told that in some cases every player from teams that we have played have been released at the end of the season. I take their word for that because I can't be bothered to check.