• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doncaster Rovers A.F.C. v Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I also have no idea, can only think Reuben didn't fancy it for some reason, can't believe Tis took Reid off the duties, he's eccentric at times but that would be insane.
In Reuben's last post match interview after (again) scoring an injury time penalty winner he said that he isn't calm at all in those situations,he's the most nervous person in the ground, will take it because he can cope if he misses, but if anyone else is feeling confident and wants to take it then they can....

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a quick stat..... City have scored 82 goals so far this season, last time that was bettered was in 2007-08 when City scored 101....Logie, Stans scored buckets.
Given that was in the Conference this is a much bigger achievement. Anyone know when we last scored this many in the League?

The stat I want to see is Liam McALinden's goals per minute this season. Can't be too shabby!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If we get a penalty in the play offs really hope Reid takes it. Yes he might miss, but his penalties to date have been great.

With regard to Sohail sahi, I have met him a couple times and he is a very nice chap. I can see why he annoys folk sometimes. When he said must score as grant rounded the keeper yesterday I somehow just knew the ball wouldn't end up in the net, and several times we got comments like "he's kept it in, no he hasn't". It was also frustratingly bizarre how both he and lammie couldn't seem to see what colour card was shown after the penalty, although it seemed to confuse sky as well. Once there was a delay a yellow always seems more likely.

LammieLammieLammie

It was also frustratingly bizarre how both he and lammie couldn't seem to see what colour card was shown after the penalty, although it seemed to confuse sky as well. Once there was a delay a yellow always seems more likely.
Yep, not my finest moment. Apologies. I knew something wasn't right re the decision as Wheeler was going apoplectic to the ref during the "booking" incident. With regard to the colour of the card, the ref held the card up at an angle which meant that we could only see the side of the card, not the full view. Matt Murray was close to us and he had the same problem.

As luck would have it, I bumped into the ref after the game and asked him why he didn't send the lad off. he said it was because he wasn't 100 sure the ball was going in (I can only assume he thought it may have been just drifting wide). I got the impression he didn't have any help from his Lino. The refs assessor was also with him as I was asking, and he said that if the ref had thought it was on its way in, it would have been a straight red.

Utc.

Last edited:

Pobbop

Yep, not my finest moment. Apologies. I knew something wasn't right re the decision as Wheeler was going apoplectic to the ref during the "booking" incident. With regard to the colour of the card, the ref held the card up at an angle which meant that we could only see the side of the card, not the full view. Matt Murray was close to us and he had the same problem.

As luck would have it, I bumped into the ref after the game and asked him why he didn't send the lad off. he said it was because he wasn't 100 sure the ball was going in (I can only assume he thought it may have been just drifting wide). I got the impression he didn't have any help from his Lino. The refs assessor was also with him as I was asking, and he said that if the ref had thought it was on its way in, it would have been a straight red.

Utc.
TBF, the guy on SkySports was confused too, and actually said he'd been sent off. Quite frankly he should have been, the handball was either an attempt to stop the ball going in the back of the net, or anyone behind ghosting in and scoring, utterly cynical. If we hadn't scored from the missed pen could have cost us big time.

LammieLammieLammie

Too right. I could just see him scoring from a corner. Anyway, all's well that ends well....

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I bumped into the ref after the game and asked him why he didn't send the lad off. he said it was because he wasn't 100 sure the ball was going in (I can only assume he thought it may have been just drifting wide). I got the impression he didn't have any help from his Lino. The refs assessor was also with him as I was asking, and he said that if the ref had thought it was on its way in, it would have been a straight red.
I'm with the ref. on this. I don't think it was going in, and under the new guidance a yellow was the right response.

We'd have been furious if it was the other way round and one of our defenders was give a red in the circumstances.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;sTCUPX_xoTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTCUPX_xoTw[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTCUPX_xoTw

grecIAN Harris

Watching the goals again if I'd been in Ollie Watkins position for the third, I would have chipped him from where he won the ball. The keeper was in Nomansland (it could be argued that he was that far out he could have been in Witheridge).

ecfc70

Great result......November nobodies and now the play offs beckon