• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Donate a shirt.

Andy_H

Rather than 'high jack' the Season tickets thread, i thought it best to start a new one, specifically to deal with the possibility of Season ticket holders donating their 'gesture' free shirt towards this cause.

To make it a bit more simple to understand, i propose that we try to collect shirts in blocks of 15, a team plus subs, to them donate them to football teams with ECFC connection, Exeter connections or other community connections. Maybe if we can collect 45 shirts, we might even be able to donate to one team in each group! We already have 5 offers of shirts so far and, if anybody is on Facebook and/or Gnet maybe you could post this idea on those fellow ECFC sites please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How do we get this to work? Can I get the Club to give direct to you, rather than send to me?

What size?

Andy Holloway

I need to talk again to Sara in the shop but, provisionally, i hope that we can leave them 'on account' to be called off as we reach each target. Then we will decide on sizes once we know who the shirts are destined for.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't want a shirt. Surely it's more beneficial to the club for me not to donate it to someone else.

Andy Holloway

I don't want a shirt. Surely it's more beneficial to the club for me not to donate it to someone else.
That's your choice and there is no pressure either way, but... The club will have costed for a 'worst case scenario' of every Season Ticket holder claiming their 'gesture' shirt, and they did mention in the email about 'claiming it and giving it to a friend and potential Grecian'. You could maybe see one of these groups as 'your friend and potential Grecian' if that makes your conscience sit a little easier.

iscalad

That's your choice and there is no pressure either way, but... The club will have costed for a 'worst case scenario' of every Season Ticket holder claiming their 'gesture' shirt, and they did mention in the email about 'claiming it and giving it to a friend and potential Grecian'. You could maybe see one of these groups as 'your friend and potential Grecian' if that makes your conscience sit a little easier.
What's my conscience got to do with anything?

Andy_H

What's my conscience got to do with anything?
OK then you do what you feel is right.

StudentGrecian

Think that Iscalad has a valid opinion. By not taking the club up on their free shirt offer he is essentially donating the cost of the shirt back to club, as joma aren't supplying them for free. You're doing a noble thing but lets not shame others for not doing the same.

iscalad

Think that Iscalad has a valid opinion. By not taking the club up on their free shirt offer he is essentially donating the cost of the shirt back to club, as joma aren't supplying them for free. You're doing a noble thing but lets not shame others for not doing the same.
Exactly this.

Andy Holloway

Nobody is shaming anybody, I was just offering a way people could give something to our community, nobody is being forced to participate it's a personal choice.