• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

DO YOU OR YOUR FAMILY OWN SHARES IN EXETER CITY?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thank you. Much apprecated.
You can contact me via History group on archive.

Is there a way on here to personal message?
The little envelope at the top of the page.

Phillip

In my drawer of many things I have found a Bond Certificate in order to 'help with the re-purchase of St James Park' anybody know how that's going and do I own part of the ground 😀 😀 😀
If you contact the trust via [email protected] you can be put in touch with the history group.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you contact the trust via [email protected] you can be put in touch with the history group.
Thanks Phillip I will make contact over the weekend

With a cursory glance at the list, the first name that jumps off the page is SW Dawe. Stuart William Dawe, the ex-director of Exeter City? Companies House under the Exeter City AFC Limited's Officers information gives his address as Home Park, Daws House, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 7JG. More recently according to Companies House was residing at 9 Discovery Wharf, Sutton Harbour, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0RB.

I do hope this is a big coincidence and there is another SW Dawe out there somewhere, otherwise it doesn't look like those delegated with this task have tried very hard!

Looking further down the list we have AW Gooch, would this be Archibald William Charles Gooch of 38 The Beacon, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 9AH. Ex City director again information readily available from Companies House. Looks like he sadly died on 15 September 2005.

Would MA Holladay be no other than ex director, Michael Alec Holladay of 16 Avondale Road, Heavitree, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5HE? On taking up his appointment as Secretary at Argigle he lived at 6 Cedarcroft Road, Beacon Park, Plymouth, PL2 3JX

dontpassback

With a cursory glance at the list, the first name that jumps off the page is SW Dawe. Stuart William Dawe, the ex-director of Exeter City? Companies House under the Exeter City AFC Limited's Officers information gives his address as Home Park, Daws House, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 7JG. More recently according to Companies House was residing at 9 Discovery Wharf, Sutton Harbour, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 0RB.

I do hope this is a big coincidence and there is another SW Dawe out there somewhere, otherwise it doesn't look like those delegated with this task have tried very hard!

Looking further down the list we have AW Gooch, would this be Archibald William Charles Gooch of 38 The Beacon, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 9AH. Ex City director again information readily available from Companies House. Looks like he sadly died on 15 September 2005.

Would MA Holladay be no other than ex director, Michael Alec Holladay of 16 Avondale Road, Heavitree, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5HE? On taking up his appointment as Secretary at Argigle he lived at 6 Cedarcroft Road, Beacon Park, Plymouth, PL2 3JX
Wasn’t Stuart dawn a pal of Alan ball,and if I recall he played a big part in getting Bally to take the managers job when terry cooper left .

Wasn’t Stuart dawn a pal of Alan ball,and if I recall he played a big part in getting Bally to take the managers job when terry cooper left .
Possibly. Though it is difficult to see how the paths of Alan Ball, World Cup winner crossed that of Stuart Dawe an agricultural shed erector from Launceton. Who knows they might have owned adjacent villas on the Algarve?

Mr Dawe was quite obnoxious, often seen lording around the club in a brown suit and grey shoes from Matalan. He treated City fans with contempt, I had the rough end of his tongue on many occasions for having the audacity to suggest supporters involvement with the running of the Club. Oh those dark old days...

As a Director of Argigle he was quite proud how they shafted us over the player exchange of Nicky Marker and Darren Rowbotham, unfortunately for our Cornish chums our Dazza improved his goal scoring record with 2 in 46 for them to an astounding 46 in 118 for us. The fact he renamed his house "Home Park" as enough for me, rather than the cut of his suit.

malcolms

Possibly. Though it is difficult to see how the paths of Alan Ball, World Cup winner crossed that of Stuart Dawe an agricultural shed erector from Launceton. Who knows they might have owned adjacent villas on the Algarve?

Mr Dawe was quite obnoxious, often seen lording around the club in a brown suit and grey shoes from Matalan. He treated City fans with contempt, I had the rough end of his tongue on many occasions for having the audacity to suggest supporters involvement with the running of the Club. Oh those dark old days...

As a Director of Argigle he was quite proud how they shafted us over the player exchange of Nicky Marker and Darren Rowbotham, unfortunately for our Cornish chums our Dazza improved his goal scoring record with 2 in 46 for them to an astounding 46 in 118 for us. The fact he renamed his house "Home Park" as enough for me, rather than the cut of his suit.
Stuart was most certainly the guy who brought Bally to City. Their relationship was quite close in fact, fostered initially through a joint interest in horse racing and a shared friendship with Mick Channon. I can understand why he might easily have rubbed people up the wrong way, he had a blunt, unsophisticated way about him. Although he always remained an Argyle supporter, he did have an affinity with City and also persuaded Bally to pay a disproportionate amount of money for Martin Phillips when he moved to Man City.....

Last edited:
Good to know Malcolm. The money for Buster certainly helped to paper over some cracks at the time.

malcolms

Good to know Malcolm. The money for Buster certainly helped to paper over some cracks at the time.
If I recall correctly, Stuart had a villa in Mijas near Malaga...I think the Sun might have been a tad to strong for a ginger like Bally... :)