• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Disgraceful Scenes at Home Park

flakey pasty

I wasn't there on Tuesday night so have no idea how scary it was but personally I hope as many people as possible, including families, will still want to go to the league game. This will show, in the right way, that Exeter City fans are not intimidated by the mindless, thuggish minority and that we are proud to be a community club supported by all parts of that community.
We can only hope that if PAFC and the Police get their act together the same will be true in four or five weeks time.

Quite right, Whiff.
We're a community club where everyone is encouraged to come and support.
The good thing about this thread is that the vast majority of posters are shocked at what happened.
It will be a sad day if we simply shrug our shoulders and say 'well it's gonna happen as its a local derby, we have to accept it, nothing can be done etc.'
We don't have to accept it and we should all speak against it.
People speaking up did so much to get rid of the racism and the hoolies after the 1970's. We shouldn't give up now.
UTC

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
"We are deeply concerned......

Illustrates perfectly the difference between the two clubs. The official statement from PAFC trying to sweep everything under the carpet and the serious (and correct) tone from City.
I expect this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the big contrast for me of the last couple of days has been:

• the attitude of the D&C chief, Dave Sumner, with his farcical claim that they had the right level of resourcing and used it to good effect during the Argyle v City trouble, with:

• that of the Met chief, Paul Stephenson, who has admitted that the Met were unprepared and too few in number during the clashes in central London yesterday, and issued an unreserved apology and a promise to do better.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I expect this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the big contrast for me of the last couple of days has been:

• the attitude of the D&C chief, Dave Sumner, with his farcical claim that they had the right level of resourcing and used it to good effect during the Argyle v City trouble, with:

• that of the Met chief, Paul Stephenson, who has admitted that the Met were unprepared and too few in number during the clashes in central London yesterday, and issued an unreserved apology and a promise to do better.
Yes, I was thinking this myself when I heard about Stephenson admitting being underprepared.

flakey pasty

Just had a quick look at the Pasoti boards .....
Interesting and hearening to see the vast majority of posters are condemning their hoolies.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am shocked with what i have read tonight and seen on the Spotlight news from last night.
But it will not stop me going on the 11th Dec my first Derby at PAFC
I hope policing and crowd management is better
I hope they get it all sorted
I am still looking forward to 11th Dec

stuartsdog

I am shocked with what i have read tonight and seen on the Spotlight news from last night.
good on you mate

InTheBigBank

Resigned
To be honest I can't wait for the Notts County game and numerous others pass without incident and everyone realises that they're not going to get their heads kicked in at football. We can then talk about something more interesting.

flakey pasty

I hope policing and crowd management is better
I hope they get it all sorted
I am still looking forward to 11th Dec
Excellent attitude.
UTC

Cravat 2

Just had a quick look at the Pasoti boards .....
Interesting and hearening to see the vast majority of posters are condemning their hoolies.
Not surprising, though. The huge majority of Plymouth fans were there for the banter and the rivalry. Only a very small minority wanted to attack women and kids leaving the ground.

I heard a story today about a coach of six older dears that went down for this game. They had a brick through the window and the poor things were terrified and were laying on the floor in the coach in tears. Horrible. No excuse.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not surprising, though. The huge majority of Plymouth fans were there for the banter and the rivalry. Only a very small minority wanted to attack women and kids leaving the ground.

I heard a story today about a coach of six older dears that went down for this game. They had a brick through the window and the poor things were terrified and were laying on the floor in the coach in tears. Horrible. No excuse.
F*cking hell Cravat 1 was bad enough! At least this one posts some sensible stuff :)