• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Diego Maradona film

ex_user1234

Resigned
To be honest, the ref must have been pretty thick to think that Maradonna could outjump a keeper with arm raised.
At least Maradonna said that he could only have scored his 2nd goal against England : any other team would have scythed him down on his run.
It hurts, but is too far in the past to worry about now
I take that as a compliment to England, rather than a slur against our midfield and defence. Bobby Robson's teams always tried to play the beautiful game. And we are part of the greatest goal in football history. Rest in peace Sir Uncle Bobby.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I take that as a compliment to England, rather than a slur against our midfield and defence. Bobby Robson's teams always tried to play the beautiful game. And we are part of the greatest goal in football history. Rest in peace Sir Uncle Bobby.
Terry Fenwick has always said he would have taken him out if he hadn't already been booked!

IndoMike

Yes. It was a compliment.
I think England won the Fair Play Award at that World Cup. Not the only time, I recall. Not to be scoffed at

StroudGrecian

Brilliant film that, though I may be biased as one of my teammates was one of the supervising sound editors.

fred binneys head

It's a fair point. How on earth did Maradona outjump Shilton? Shilton went to punch it also, so it's not like they weren't competing like for like.
Because shilton didn’t jump. Look back at the pictures, when it hit Maradona’s hand, shilton’s left foot was still on the floor. Argyle tw@t.

Rosencrantz

Still reckon in '90 Sir Bob should have taken a chance and subbed Shilts for Beasant just before the penalties. We had a sub left and big Dave had a good reputation for saving pens unlike Shilts.

fred binneys head

Don’t get me started on his lack of ability to save penalties. Watch them back too. £ucking useless argyle tw@t.

Oldsmobile-88

Don’t get me started on his lack of ability to save penalties. Watch them back too. £ucking useless argyle tw@t.
Never seen Shilton save a Pen..

At Italia 90,Dave Beasant was on the bench for the Semi.A shame Robson did not bring him on in ET when it looked like it was going to penaltys.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Brilliant film that, though I may be biased as one of my teammates was one of the supervising sound editors.
That's cool. The sound was amazing in it. The opening sequence music is awesome.