• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dido the seagull.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete's response on another thread highlighted the fact we have a duty to protect Citys history and heritage for future generations.

I know very little about DtS....

Was our feathered friend a good luck charm?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete's response on another thread highlighted the fact we have a duty to protect Citys history and heritage for future generations.

I know very little about DtS....

Was our feathered friend a good luck charm?
Yes, was always on the pitch during our fabled 1931 Cup run. And no, I wasn't there!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Didn't know this. Bit about Dido here

AlanDevlin

I have a lapel badge which I bought from the old club shop in Blackboy Road in the early 70s with ECFC, a seagull and the word DIDO on it

AlanDevlin

And on the subject of old stuff and club history - I have a copy of the 45rpm vinyl single - Exeter City - 'Playing the game' This was ECFC's contribution to the rage of clubs releasing records, a few of which charted. I think it all started with Chelsea's 'Blue is the colour' which contained the line 'Come to the Shed and we'll welcome you'... often modified to 'Come to the Shed and we'll kick your head..' in reference to the principally Skinhead element of violence that blighted football in the mid 70s.

But back to Dido...

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
:)

Got that record somewhere. Great 'B' side.... "City of a thousand dreams... "

Happy days.

Rog H K

Di Do's son was ripping up my black bin bag this morning!:mad:

I have a porcelain pint mug that has picture of Di Do and Exeter City Supporters Club on it. Di Do was the emblem of the Supporters Club in the early days and any badges with Di Do on them would have been from the Supporters Club.

Rog H K

:)

Got that record somewhere. Great 'B' side.... "City of a thousand dreams... "

Happy days.
"And a Million Memorieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!";)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The excellent book by Dave Fisher and (I think) Dave Gosling, with a pictorial history of City from 1904-1995(ish), has quite a few references to Dido.

Also I think Mike Blackstone's excellent ECFC Miscellany from a similar time had some stuff about our little mascot.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any pics? :)