• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did Tisdale pick a team to lose?

felix

Got to agree G2K, perhaps time for our green chums to stop losing sleep over the supposed actions of our ex manager and start thinking about the shortcomings of their own hopelessly inadequate team.
You guys just don't understand it do you.

Of course Adams picked a team to lose.

He's the master man/team manager.

You lot are still scrambling around in league 2 with Taggy sxxt scared you might go up and we're on our way to the championship.

Still I'll be at Sid James Park every other week for my regular 90mins comedy show. Can't wait!

Seems ages since we played you. What was the score again the last season that we played. Oh, wait a minute 5..0 to us wasn't it and you still had your superstars then, Watkins, Wheeler, Harley, JMT and Reuben and still couldn't score. Even Lloyd James doesn't want to play for you now. Ho, Ho, Ho.

We'll never play you again.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good old Kit Kat and Curley Wurley. Both of the Porkstain's attack gerbils can always be relied upon to nibble.

How sweet.

felix

Good old Kit Kat and Curley Wurley. Both of the Porkstain's attack gerbils can always be relied upon to nibble.

How sweet.
You do know that you can now get treatment for paranoid related conditions. You do seem to have some sort of obsessional preoccupation which not even your colleague Greeks understand.

Anyway, good luck for the coming season. I predict another Wembley defeat with Taggy breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Alistair20000

You do know that you can now get treatment for paranoid related conditions. You do seem to have some sort of obsessional preoccupation which not even your colleague Greeks understand.

Anyway, good luck for the coming season. I predict another Wembley defeat with Taggy breathing a huge sigh of relief.
Where is the Porkstain these days ?

Noool ?

Colesman Ballz

Maybe irrelevant pre season results are the only thing you will top us in this season.:D
Wouldn't be so sure there old chap. Can't see any topping out ceremony happening with the Mayflower Mankover ! Mind you serial non-developer Harry Plotter, does seem to be finally building something even though it's just a cluster(****?) of portakabins behind the old girl !

Come October Felix will be able to watch our games from our brand new stand, whilst you lot watch the Mayflower crumbling into the ground, but looking on the bright side, that will be a damn sight more entertaining than the dross happening on the pitch !

Spoonz Red E

To refer back to the question in the OP.

No.

But this chap did
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Casanova

Gordon Dale

Spoonz Red E : Who knows ? Did you go to Wembley? In addition, subsequent circumstantial evidence is quite compelling. What appears to be recent shenanigans involving PT ...reminds me of 'a play' on the age old adage , 'Hell hath no fury than a .....( insert 'prima donna' football manager ) ....scorned '.

Spoonz Red E

Spoonz Red E : Who knows ? Did you go to Wembley? In addition, subsequent circumstantial evidence is quite compelling. What appears to be recent shenanigans involving PT ...reminds me of 'a play' on the age old adage , 'Hell hath no fury than a .....( insert 'prima donna' football manager ) ....scorned '.
I went to Wembley (I've been all four times)
I've never seen us play well at Wembley (even when we beat Cambridge Utd).
Losing to Blackpool for me was much worse than Coventry.
Blackpool retook the lead and were then aided by a ref who refused to call out any of their time-wasting and diving for the rest of the game.
Coventry scored an absolutely brilliant first goal followed by a deflected second and suddenly we're 2-0 down with 40,000 Coventry fans in full voice.

So .. I definitely wasn't happy with losing again but the idea that Tisdale 'threw' the match with his selection/tactic on the day is a seriously flawed piece of hindsight and shoe-horning in my opinion.

Coventry were the best team we had played in all 4 finals.

Last edited:

Gordon Dale

Spoonz Red E : On the basis of your Wembley attendance confirmation I very much respect the sincerity of your post even though I disagree with your view.

In my view Coventry should have had a player dismissed in the first half for a blatant off the ball foul of Taylor . As to how well Coventry played , or were permitted to play, in the second half is in my view open to conjecture..... as the late introduction of 'a winger' in the form Edwards showed. In essence , in my view and in the view of others with me on the day , Coventry weren't that great in defence .

However, I trust we can both agree on accepting that it will be interesting to see how they fare in League 1 this coming season ?

Antony Moxey

In my view Coventry should have had a player dismissed in the first half for a blatant off the ball foul of Taylor .
What’s that got to do with Tisdale allegedly throwing the game? I’m with Spoonz, to suggest he went out to deliberately lose is nonsense. Apart from anything else, why bother to try winning the semi finals - you may as well jack it in then and give yourself an extra week’s holiday if you don’t want promotion - why go to the trouble of getting to Wembley in the first place?