• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County vs Exeter City Match-day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
My Derby ST holder mate isn't particularly optimistic saying they are inconsistent like us. I can see us getting something tonight in front of our amazing fans so I'm predicting a score draw. 1-1 Jevani with ours.
As is Phil at work, he thinks Derby are a bit hit and miss although he did say 2-0 Derby when I saw him on Friday. For me it's another one of those games when people generally aren't expecting us to get a great deal but because Derby will play properly we will come home with at least a point if not all three. It should be a good day out, leave home at 11am to get to Dad's for lunch and then getting picked up at 1:30 and then it's Derby here we come.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Safe travels to all those going, see you there!

What has Gary seen in those 30 hours of matches and what will he tweak?

Jason's previeww

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-3 City. Stanno screamer from 25 yards, Diabate header from a corner and Dieng popping up at the back post for a tap in.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
As is Phil at work, he thinks Derby are a bit hit and miss although he did say 2-0 Derby when I saw him on Friday. For me it's another one of those games when people generally aren't expecting us to get a great deal but because Derby will play properly we will come home with at least a point if not all three. It should be a good day out, leave home at 11am to get to Dad's for lunch and then getting picked up at 1:30 and then it's Derby here we come.
There does seem to be a lot of people assuming that because Derby play in front of much bigger crowds than we are used to, they must be a much better side than us. However, as we've seen with Bradford in recent seasons that's not always true. The reality is that on the pitch at the moment Derby and City are both mid-table League One teams and that this should be an evenly-matched game of football.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Safe travels to all those going, see you there!

What has Gary seen in those 30 hours of matches and what will he tweak?

Jason's previeww

I'd be very surprised if he does anything too radical so I guess the only decision is whether to play 2 or 3 central midfielders and, if it's the latter, who drops out from the forward line.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
More than happy if we bring back a point tonight - safe travels to the hordes

UTC

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
iFollow pass purchased. Hopefully a decent result tonight.

Bridgy 81

I drank a bit (a lot) too much whisky last night so am feeling rough this morning.
We’ve already abandoned our plan for a Caribbean breakfast at Turtle Bay but hopefully I can get it together for our scheduled visits to Pickford’s House and the Museum of Making later.
Luckily they’re both on foot and as I also plan to walk the one and a half miles or so from where we’re staying to the match this evening the car can remain undisturbed today.
I’ll be fine by this evening though and am looking forward to seeing us play at Pride Park for the first time and hoping for a good performance and result on Gary’s debut.

I fancy us to score two tonight (Jevani and Stanno) - hopefully the days of us conceding 4 are behind us, 2-3 would be a pity, 2-2 would be good, 2-1 or 2-0 would be amazing. COYR!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
4 nil City win. New manager bounce, always happens.