• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County vs Exeter City Match-day Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard fought, entertaining 0-0 draw without much in the way of serious goalmouth action.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Club's match report which confirms an attendance of 24640 with 1197 City fans.

Cowshed Grecian

To think Harry Lee is only 17 still, I thought he looked super confident! He may have flapped at that cross a bit but he’s just made his debut in front of 24,000!..he looks like he had grown too-he’s going to be a star!

Oldsmobile-88

Shades of Stuart Naylor and Jason Matthews against Rochdale in 99/00
Well that takes me back in reminiscing mode Rosy, not that that’s too hard 😁 I stayed at Preston that weekend, with a trip up to Gretna on the Sunday.

That afternoon at Spotland the Grecians were being battered for most of the game..iirc Robert Speakman & Jimmy Gardner scored in the last 10 mins to secure a 2-0 win. I’m away at the moment so can’t confirm the scorers from my Rothmans.

Back on topic..A great point. Followed the game from Marrakesh.

iscalad

Well that takes me back in reminiscing mode Rosy, not that that’s too hard 😁 I stayed at Preston that weekend, with a trip up to Gretna on the Sunday.

That afternoon at Spotland the Grecians were being battered for most of the game..iirc Robert Speakman & Jimmy Gardner scored in the last 10 mins to secure a 2-0 win. I’m away at the moment so can’t confirm the scorers from my Rothmans.

Did you get there on the express?

supernova

Brave of GC to take off both Nombe and Brown. The right call in the context of the game. Jay looked lively as he did against Fleetwood.
his passing was woeful

CWH-NYC_

To think Harry Lee is only 17 still, I thought he looked super confident! He may have flapped at that cross a bit but he’s just made his debut in front of 24,000!..he looks like he had grown too-he’s going to be a star!
Very true, hanging on for a point, new manager- no pressure😂

Oldsmobile-88

Did you get there on the express?
😁😁

Not seen Crosby, Stills & Nash about yet 😎

Colesman Ballz

😁😁

Not seen Crosby, Stills & Nash about yet 😎
The night is still Young ! ;)

Rosencrantz

I went up on the old SC and we picked up Jason Matthews Dad on the way. It was a last minute clincher from Robert Speakman (charged down the goalies clearance with his backside, impressive it had the pace to trickle over the line from 20 yards 😂). The other goal (and I have just double checked) was a rare goal for Shaun Gale.