• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Derby County vs Exeter City Match-day Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really? Did you actually watch it?
Saved two absolute certainties and commanded the goalmouth. Top player.

Also think Dieng had a good game and he looked injured at the end as well.

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamal our man of the match for me.
Hope he is OK for Gargoyle

Exehausted

I hope Jamal isn't kept out because of concussion. Obviously his health has to come first but it would be a real worry if Harry has to play in such a high pressure match. I thought he did really well, but I would be worried if he had to play 90 minutes at Argyle. A possible emergency signing unless Scott Brown is still with us. Does anybody know if he will still be here?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weren’t at our best with the ball, but we didn’t half dig in to get a point which was really encouraging!!
We have also ended the game with 8 Academy products on the pitch. 10 years ago if someone had told me you’ll go away to Derby in a league game and get a point with 8 Academy players I’d have said you were crazy!!!
You'd have been locked up !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Weren’t at our best with the ball, but we didn’t half dig in to get a point which was really encouraging!!
We have also ended the game with 8 Academy products on the pitch. 10 years ago if someone had told me you’ll go away to Derby in a league game and get a point with 8 Academy players I’d have said you were crazy!!!
I wonder sometimes if fans of our opponents realise that. And if they do, especially at a club of Derby's size, wonder how the Hell little old Exeter can do that and their club can't.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope Jamal isn't kept out because of concussion. Obviously his health has to come first but it would be a real worry if Harry has to play in such a high pressure match. I thought he did really well, but I would be worried if he had to play 90 minutes at Argyle. A possible emergency signing unless Scott Brown is still with us. Does anybody know if he will still be here?
Scott in the dug out tonight

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope Jamal isn't kept out because of concussion.
There's a certain irony after the weekend's events.

supernova

Can we lay Jamal on the goal line and have Harry Lee in goal if the former is injured for the Argyle game??

dontpassback

Excellent point,and a clean sheet,so well done city !

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jamal was fine when required but MOTM?! Sweeney for me.

Some subtle changes as promised by GC and we looked a lot more organised after the “Kev goes wild” era. Notable how much more vocal Sweeney was being and we seemed to hold our shape a lot better across the back 5.

I would say in defence we sat a touch deeper than we normally would too.

We shaded first, then the second - it’s a good point. Solid stuff.