• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

budegrecian

Yes, it was Lincoln away. A bit of a comedy goal that went in off his bum iirc! 🤣
My first visit to Lincoln. Deanno had taken an inswinging corner from the right & was running back when the ball was cleared back out to him. He fired in a great shot, which beat the keeper's dive only to hit the post, however the ball then hit the prone keeper on the back & went into the net. Cue wild celebrations & the obvious chants.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also in the run in in 2009 he scored a very important (and more than a little fortunate) winner away at Lincoln (I think?) that always sticks in my mind as the push we needed to go on and get an automatic promotion spot.
yes, IIRC Deano shot from the right from 20+yards aiming for just inside the far post. There was no real gap for it to go in. Six inches further out and it misses. Six inches further in and the diving keeper gets a hand to it. Instead it strikes the inside of the post, bounces out to what would have been safety, but instead strikes the diving keeper on the back of the head and bounces over the line.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
One or two of you might like to have a look at this..........

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
One or two of you might like to have a look at this..........

What are we looking at? A load of Palace fans discussing Deano?

arthur

I understand what you are saying, but there will be players out there that respond positively to that type of management. Saying it how it is, is sometimes difficult, but is not not necessarily indicative of poor man management.
..and there are some players that don't. Good man management involves understanding this and acting accordingly.

Personally I thought Deano's message was absolutely fine and I couldn't detect any hidden agenda. I think Ali is being a bit harsh when he accuses him of being undiplomatic

grecianstew

I understand what you are saying, but there will be players out there that respond positively to that type of management. Saying it how it is, is sometimes difficult, but is not not necessarily indicative of poor man management.
But there was never going to be a response, not on the field. He was going anyway, so to me it just seems like an unpleasant and unnecessary swipe in the back of a fantastic servant on his way out of the door.

IndoMike

But there was never going to be a response, not on the field. He was going anyway, so to me it just seems like an unpleasant and unnecessary swipe in the back of a fantastic servant on his way out of the door.
Moxey did get sent off for a very rash challenge and we were starting to pick up a bit at that time Think it's natural that
Matt would be a bit peeved and I don't see it as being nasty : it was honest and just showing emotion.
Later Matt said his own performance was not so good and he also praised Deano when he was thanking the players who were leaving. Did Deano put his hand up and accept he'd farked up?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, it was Lincoln away. A bit of a comedy goal that went in off his bum iirc! 🤣
I remember it differently - he hit from a long distance which hit the post and then hit the keeper’s back to go in

But it kept promotion in our own hands 👍

Rosencrantz

Moxey did get sent off for a very rash challenge and we were starting to pick up a bit at that time Think it's natural that
Matt would be a bit peeved and I don't see it as being nasty : it was honest and just showing emotion.
Later Matt said his own performance was not so good and he also praised Deano when he was thanking the players who were leaving. Did Deano put his hand up and accept he'd farked up?
He apologised in the dressing room straight after the match from Matt's own interview, comments from which some are taking mild offence to. It was a rash challenge born of frustration, particularly from the foul on Taylor not being given, but something you would think an experienced player would avoid.

It would be interesting to see the reaction of many if it had been a different player than Deano make the challenge, who had shall we say, less goodwill in the bank.

Dannyred

I think it will be hard to replace someone like Deano, He was Worthy of a 12 month contract.