• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I just wrote on another thread, MT mentioned Deano apologising for the sending off and then added, gratuitously ‘words are cheap,it’s actions that count’ . I wouldn’t be surprised if some found that unnecessary and offensive in the circumstances.
I dont make him wrong on that. Easy to apologise afterwards, but he's supposed to be an experienced leader on the pitch. Instead he makes a decision out of pure desperation and the team pays the penalty.
People might not like Taylor for telling it like it is, but theres nothing personal about it. It was a bad decision and just apologising afterwards doesnt make it right. If apologies worked like that we wouldnt have anyone in prison...

denzil

THANK YOU DEANO !!!!!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It'll be a shame if Matt Taylor and Dean Moxey (and perhaps others) have parted on bad terms. Both have given so much to ECFC.

But it does look like the timing of the departures was to say the least unfortunate - clearly mainly the fault of Sky and the EFL who scheduled the playoff final the day before players' contracts expired, maximising the likelihood that it would end in tears.

Juan Kerr

Also in the run in in 2009 he scored a very important (and more than a little fortunate) winner away at Lincoln (I think?) that always sticks in my mind as the push we needed to go on and get an automatic promotion spot.
Yes, it was Lincoln away. A bit of a comedy goal that went in off his bum iirc! 🤣

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It'll be a shame if Matt Taylor and Dean Moxey (and perhaps others) have parted on bad terms. Both have given so much to ECFC.

But it does look like the timing of the departures was to say the least unfortunate - clearly mainly the fault of Sky and the EFL who scheduled the playoff final the day before players' contracts expired, maximising the likelihood that it would end in tears.
I'm not sure if a few people are reading a bit too much into any bad parting feelings between Matt and some players. There might be an element, it wasn't a great way to finish and Matt is a direct talker, but no one really knows and it can quickly become an Exeweb fact as we have seen on occasion in the past.

As to the timing and decision of offering new contracts, the timing as you say was out of the clubs hands to a large extent. The decision to release the players look more like a club decision than what Matt would have liked to have done. There seems to be an understanding at least because of the unusual circumstances currently from the players released and no ill will towards the club and their time here.

Alistair20000

As I just wrote on another thread, MT mentioned Deano apologising for the sending off and then added, gratuitously ‘words are cheap,it’s actions that count’ . I wouldn’t be surprised if some found that unnecessary and offensive in the circumstances.
I love Deano and all he has done for the Club, but diplomacy and choice of words are not his strongest points.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love Deano and all he has done for the Club, but diplomacy and choice of words are not his strongest points.
Are you talking about Deano or Matt here Al?!

dommers

As I just wrote on another thread, MT mentioned Deano apologising for the sending off and then added, gratuitously ‘words are cheap,it’s actions that count’.
No idea whether this is true or what Taylor meant, but if it is then for me it's another example of Taylor's poor man management skills.

DB9

No idea whether this is true or what Taylor meant, but if it is then for me it's another example of Taylor's poor man management skills.
That man management skill got to the play off final. If it were that bad those players who knew they were off might have not played well to get there?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I understand what you are saying, but there will be players out there that respond positively to that type of management. Saying it how it is, is sometimes difficult, but is not not necessarily indicative of poor man management.