• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline day predictions

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I typed Josh! :)
Farce. Nearly as bad as the Music Quiz thread.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Josh Key to Sunderland :(
Boo Cheater - us mere mortals have to live with our inadequacies, and can't change the past

Gordon Dale

I hope you're right budegrecian. It's always difficult for a player 'on the verge' of a financially life changing tfr . Any such personal anxieties are very understandable . JK is a talented player and thus on the radar of many Championship clubs but reckon his long term interests will be better served waiting for either next January or Summer 'windows'.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I'd like us to be able to sign at least one more high quality player, but not sure it will happen.

Last week Matt said his business would be done by the early part of this week, so I think we might be left a little flat come Tuesday, but hope I'm wrong.

I still think the squad is good enough to push for the playoffs, but just feel that this summer may still have been an opportunity missed in terms of really being a contender for the league.

Grecian_Matt

I predict there will be no movement, either IN or OUT.
There will be outrage that we did not get the 3/4 Marquee signings MT said we would get, everyone will question why not, when we had the biggest budget in years + the sale of Randall.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There will be outrage that we did not get the 3/4 Marquee signings MT said we would get, everyone will question why not, when we had the biggest budget in years + the sale of Randall.
What do you mean "will be" isn't that what most of the summer has been about as the signings trickled in snipng about lack of Marquee signings. Personally I am a believer of football as a team game and if the team gel then why do you need an individual to come in and upset the apple cart. We have what we have and let's see them do their jobs, the only signings without League one experience or above is Josh Coley who was bought in for development purposes, and Padraig Amond who is an experienced goal scorer at this level.

Grecian Max

Last week Matt said his business would be done by the early part of this week
With respect to matt he does come out with lots of misleading statements 😂

Grecian Max

I'd be really surprised if we didn't sign anyone else. If only because the budget is there so may as well use it for options now. I think generally the signings have been good, particularly pleased with Brown who I think will become a real fans favourite.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
With respect to matt he does come out with lots of misleading statements 😂
He does. You'd think he'd have learnt from his "marquee" mistake.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will still have some budget left but perhaps he'll see how things are come January and we'll strengthen accordingly.