• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline day predictions

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Transfer rumour thread seems of have been deleted, so the question is now - what for transfer deadline day on Tuesday? With only today and tomorrow before the bank holiday probably a good time to talk about this.

I think we will bring in more than expected and will move on players that are too good an opportunity to turn down. Have heard we were putting big contracts out but they were turned down during the summer so I still believe we have room to manoeuvre. For that reason I think we could see an addition or 2 all over the pitch. I'm gonna say 1 signing prior and 2 on the day. CM, CF and a CB even though we're probably overstaffed at the back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Josh Key to Sunderland :(

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Seymour loan to Weymouth

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Phew that would be lucky 'cos we keep Josh

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've a feeling we will make at least one more signing possibly two, one being permanent and another loanee. The permanent one will be a central midfielder and the loanee will be a striker, with Ben Seymour going out on loan to try to boost his confidence possibly Truro Weymouth or Bath.

The permanent one may happen after deadline day as it will be a free agent who thought he was worth what more than we originally offered and is finding out that there isn't that much cash floating around when you're desperate.

Needless to say the fringe 'kids' will be farmed out to play 'man's' football

Gordon Dale

Absolutely agree with your post (except it's Josh !) .....particularly judged from his performance Tuesday night . In my view his mind was elsewhere. Shame for the club and the player but that appears to be how it is.

budegrecian

Absolutely agree with your post (except it's Josh !) .....particularly judged from his performance Tuesday night . In my view his mind was elsewhere. Shame for the club and the player but that appears to be how it is.
I'm hoping, if his mind was elsewhere, that it was on Saturday's game at Harrogate. Josh played very well v Bristol Rovers & will definitely start on Saturday. I'm sure he was told not to get injured on Tuesday & to make sure he had plenty of energy left for our next fixture. Accordingly, he probably played at 75% throttle. At least, that's what I hope.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I typed Josh! :)

Alistair20000

I typed Josh! :)
Nah. You have used your privileged editing powers :)

grecIAN Harris

I've a feeling we will make at least one more signing possibly two, one being permanent and another loanee. The permanent one will be a central midfielder and the loanee will be a striker, with Ben Seymour going out on loan to try to boost his confidence possibly Truro Weymouth or Bath.

The permanent one may happen after deadline day as it will be a free agent who thought he was worth what more than we originally offered and is finding out that there isn't that much cash floating around when you're desperate.

Needless to say the fringe 'kids' will be farmed out to play 'man's' football
Hopefully of the creative variety.