• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Day 4 - 2 x Group D matches and 1 Group E match.

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see the team of your youth are playing Werder Bremen in a pre-season friendly foxy, you going ?
Well spotted AP 9th August, when does our season start in league 2?

Avening Posse

Well spotted AP 9th August, when does our season start in league 2?
Not sure, but fixtures are out on Wednesday, getting quite excited, I do miss our hopelessly inept drama ridden team in the summer months.......I always stick a tenner on them getting promoted, nothing like a bit of blind faith and optimism when it comes to my football club (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer)......if I have enough of these I might go for twenty :)

Avening Posse

It did remind me of a few games up at City over the last couple seasons.

Home to Southend... Eughhhh(n)
I know exactly what you mean, Torquay aside that was the worst for me last year.....

Silver fox

Not sure, but fixtures are out on Wednesday, getting quite excited, I do miss our hopelessly inept drama ridden team in the summer months.......I always stick a tenner on them getting promoted, nothing like a bit of blind faith and optimism when it comes to my football club (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer) (beer)......if I have enough of these I might go for twenty :)
Peroni tonight? I reckon league 2 will start on the 9th Aug, if not me and the lad fancy a weekend up their for the friendly, wait for the fixtures to come out and then decide... Do you fancy it if poss?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
initial reaction? It took a mighty two seconds from the no goal against the post (which didn't need to be shown because it wasn't a goal line incident any more than Pirlo's free kick against the England bar was) to the actual goal to be shown. There was no time for controversy, and no need for controversy.
Well I don't know how else to phrase it if controversy has to span a certain period of time. You are quite right that the first bit shouldn't of been shown, but the fact that it was meant that for a brief moment the commentator, spectators and the Hondurans were confused. I guess its just a case of something new, but agreed that had their not been the goal line technology it would have created more debate although France would have won even had the goal been ruled out.

Re the Germans I did take plenty of enjoyment watching the expression on Ronaldo's face :D and tonights game is a bit more like it ;) wondered how long it would take for a boring match with little action.

Avening Posse

Peroni tonight? I reckon league 2 will start on the 9th Aug, if not me and the lad fancy a weekend up their for the friendly, wait for the fixtures to come out and then decide... Do you fancy it if poss?
Possibly mate, not been back there for years, we normally go on our summer holiday at some point in August, but if I'm around I'd fancy it, will let you know once the Mrs has informed me on holiday timings !.......on the wine for a change :)

Silver fox

Good to hear your on the healthy option tonight!! I'm not going to Ibiza until Weds 13th Aug so let's see what the fixtures throw up on Weds (y)

Alistair20000

Are you watching Nigeria vs Iran Al ?, very open so far, suspect it is going to be very entertaining, love lots of huffing and puffing, mistakes and wildly differing tactics me !!
Missed the first half and am thinking I should have missed the second as well.

Unfortunately I have the wretched Nigeria in a sweepstake.

Avening Posse

Missed the first half and am thinking I should have missed the second as well.

Unfortunately I have the wretched Nigeria in a sweepstake.
Yes, I reckon Coles could have played for either of these tonight and won man of the match :) .......good luck in the sweepstake, your gonna need it :)

Alistair20000

Any idea what price they are to win World Cup?
Oddschecker have Betfair offering the best price of 5-1 for the Boxheads.

Last edited: