• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

David Noble

Steve H

Now I was surprised to see Noble released and thought he still had another season in him but he's been available on a free for a month or two now and not even a non leave team has shown interest...

Is he asking for too much in his demands or is it just he's not as good as we thought as no other manager seems to rate him as worth signing ??

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we need to drop the whole Noble thing.

Yes I'd have liked him to re sign but the fact he hasn't means we're not looking to get him back. Perhaps Tisdale felt his fitness wasn't good enough to warrant a new deal and he went for Lloyd James instead. I know we've signed the seemingly crocked TAH but that still could be the reason.

Either way though, we desperately need another central midfielder so I am hoping we will get a youngish athletic player before the window shuts but I'm not holding my breath

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
if Ethan Ampadu is more of a central midfielder than a centre half....

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
if Ethan Ampadu is more of a central midfielder than a centre half....
You can't expect Ampadu to play more than a handful of games initially, despite how good he is.

Basically our midfield backup is Oakley and Tillson, neither are good enough.

denzil

With our defender problems isn't a month loan player a necessity ???

grecian55

With our defender problems isn't a month loan player a necessity ???
Not sure if rules allow a months loan anymore ,i think they have to be 6 months now ? although i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong .

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need another central midfielder its as simple as that. I think James did ok on Sat, particularly in the first half but with Harley injured we immediately look short on talent and creativity. Our squad is definitely short on quality and only Tisdale is to blame.

Get a bleddy loan player in asap - how difficult can it be!

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our squad is definitely short on quality and only Tisdale is to blame.
!
of coarse money has absolutely nothing to do with it.!!!!

Steve H

And this is why I don't post too often...... I pose the question as to why we think Noble hasn't found a new club and six replies in it's all about how thin the squad is, why is Tisdale's fault, etc. And no one has answered the bleddy original question !

DanceMagnet

And this is why I don't post too often...... I pose the question as to why we think Noble hasn't found a new club and six replies in it's all about how thin the squad is, why is Tisdale's fault, etc. And no one has answered the bleddy original question !
OK, I think his age, wage demands and the dwindling number of appearances he is able to make throughout a season are likely to count against him. We should be looking for a replacement and not trying to extend his career into the realms of another Matt Oakley.