• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dave Fisher clock.

Andy Holloway

For some time now the clock, presented to ECFC by Dave's family, hasn't worked and it's visibility was obstructed by the TV camera gantry. As such, in a joint project between ECFC and Cans4City, it has been removed, repaired and repositioned on the concourse of the SASS, near to where Dave used to sell match day programmes. At the same time a memorial board, commemorating Dave's contribution to the club' historical archives through his collection of ECFC memorabilia, was commissioned and now accompanies the clock as a memorial to Dave. The clock still needs a bit more 'fine tuning' which will be carried out in the upcoming weeks but 90% of the project is now complete.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Thanks for the update Andy , When I called in the other week I did see it had been removed.

David Treharne

I'm really pleased that the Trust has moved on this. Thanks. Although for the majority of readers his name, together with others, might not mean much, people like Dave were the reason that the spirit of the Club survived during the lean periods of the late 70's to the nineties.

Martin Weiler

Great news Andy. Many thanks for seeing this tribute through. Here’s a piece on Dave for those who might not have known him and his contribution to the Club:

Andy_H

It would be remiss of me not to say huge 'Thank-you' to ECFC and in particular; Andy Gillard for his help sorting the Memorial Board out with our good friends at Signs Express, Martin Weiler for supplying the text & photo for it, Justin Quick & John Smith for undertaking the practical side of the move and refurbishment, a true ECFC family style 'Team Effort'.
We plan to have an article in the match day programme shortly.

Andy_H

Great news Andy. Many thanks for seeing this tribute through. Here’s a piece on Dave for those who might not have known him and his contribution to the Club:

This is the same picture of Dave that we have used on the Memorial Board as it epitomises how a lot of people will remember him, rain or shine he was always there at the Well St turnstiles selling his programmes.

Squeezebox

Great stuff - it's what makes our club so special!

Andy_H

Further to this thread about Dave Fisher, we have also erected plaques to both Dave and his good friend of many years Mike Blackstone, in the Memorial Garden during the close season.

Attachments

Andy_H

For anyone who was not in the SASS on Saturday some photos of Dave's clock, complete with accompanying memorial board, in their new position.

Attachments