• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Daggers away

Ashford Grecian

Looks like this has been changed to a Friday night, anyone know what the reasoning is behind this?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Done to annoy City fans! No real reason as far as any one can tell.

Football is for 3pm on a Saturday (unless it's a midweek fixture!)

Number13

So those who coach / play on a Saturday can see another City game...... :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Works out pretty well for me in any case as it's easier for me to make night games than Saturdays.

As long as I make it for KO this time, unlike in 12/13 when poor old NLM had to miss the first ten minutes or so waiting by the gate to give me my ticket...

Information

Looks like this has been changed to a Friday night, anyone know what the reasoning is behind this?
The reason is West Ham are also playing at home on Sat 4th

They are just up the road from them so the crowd at Dagenham would be affected

Also the District Line would be solid with West Ham fans and also QPR fans who are playing at West Ham

Last edited:

Information

I notice that West Ham have subsequently been picked by Sky (Sun 415) so do you think it will change back to the Saturday now ????

Ashford Grecian

Stays on Friday evening

"Thank you for your e-mail but no, our match will remain on the Friday as it would be unfair to any supporters, home or away, who have already made arrangements."

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
clap from me and hopefully a van full

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Aaargh. The Missus has booked a weekend away visiting her best mate in Spain. For the weekend of this match.

Hopefully my Mum and stepdad will be back from their planned trip / not yet gone, otherwise I'm out unless Madam fancies a late night out in Dagenham!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I've told Madam she fancies a late night out in Dagenham, so there.

Now, the next thing will be to sort out advanced tickets - there's no discount for adults but under 10s are free in advance, £10 on the gate (and you thought WE had a big differential!). Normally this wouldn't be an issue as we exiles leave advance purchase in the hands of the venerable NLM, but a) he's away the next couple of weeks and we have no "official" Exiles presence at the Bury match currently, and b) I'm not sure he'd bother with advance purchase due to no discount.

Therefore expect an impassioned plea in the week or so leading up to the game unless I can sort out something directly myself! But anyway, if you are taking an under 10, make sure you get yourself a ticket in advance to save a tenner.