• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Daggers away

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dagenham is a bit of a wasteland full stop.
Quite a metropolis now compared with 1921 when the ground belong to Sterling Albion. Have look on this thread
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?52155-Lost-football-grounds&p=1388943&viewfull=1#post1388943

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi Flacky, serious question as you are local, how long to get back to Paddington after the game ?
looking at the tube map mate, its 20 plus stops between dag and Paddington with one change, with roughly what? 1 maybe 2 mins a stop, thats 30 maybe 40ish mins so with a change its got to take conservatively an 1 hour 20? plus

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
looking at the tube map mate, its 20 plus stops between dag and Paddington with one change, with roughly what? 1 maybe 2 mins a stop, thats 30 maybe 40ish mins so with a change its got to take conservatively an 1 hour 20? plus
Thanks mate, my problem solved itself, a mate in St Albans has offered to put me up so can train it (beer) after all :)

StroudGrecian

TFL journey planner has it at just under an hour, and with changes at Oxford Circus and Mile End.

Pete Martin (CTID)

A timely little item for anyone planning a weekend in Dagenham.....

Avening Posse

TFL journey planner has it at just under an hour, and with changes at Oxford Circus and Mile End.
Hi Stroudy, it says the last train back down our way is 10.15.......just checking you know in case you were planning on heading back that night, made me make alternative arrangements

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The place is an absolute dump, but the ground itself together with the welcome we've had as a rule has always made me look forward to the trip. Usually a decent game - even the shellacking live in TV was a good game, we were just abysmal.

Looking forward to it

Well-known Exeweb poster
up to you, but i wouldnt plan to get a connection on that joarney time.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Hi Stroudy, it says the last train back down our way is 10.15.......just checking you know in case you were planning on heading back that night, made me make alternative arrangements
Cheers AP, I have faaaaaaaaaaaaamly in the East End (y)

Information

2,138 the attendance - 402 from Exeter

That is more than for the game on a Saturday last year (2,003)

Shows that Daggers were not mad to keep it on a Friday !!!