• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cycle for City

GJW

If anyone is doing this and wants to complete the challenge in one or two cycles with other ECFC supporters (socially distanced, of course) let me know. Was thinking of doing the Tarka trail cycle path (32 miles) Braunton to Meeth and something around Exeter, although I don’t know the routes around there (20-30 miles). Be good to finish at a pub for a beer too. Probably over a couple of weekends. Let me know. I’m open to suggestions.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you wanted about the same distance you could try the Exe Estuary Trail and go from Dawlish Warren to Exmouth. It‘s pretty much cycle track the whole way, although it’s been a while since I did the Dawlish side.

Just a thought.

GJW

If you wanted about the same distance you could try the Exe Estuary Trail and go from Dawlish Warren to Exmouth. It‘s pretty much cycle track the whole way, although it’s been a while since I did the Dawlish side.

Just a thought.
Yes, I did see that. Certainly a good route. Not been to Exmouth for years. Those 2 routes would easily cover my 50 miles. Thanks.

Oldsmobile-88

Normally would have been up for this but my old knees are knackered at the moment.

Planned on cycling to Exmouth(on the wonderful Estuary trail)yesterday,had to turn back at Topsham hence a paltry 8 miles completed ☹
I have done the Exmouth to Dawlish trail a few times.I seem to recall it is around 22 miles

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter to Dawlish Warren is a good ride, but becomes a bit of a pain if you go on to Dawlish. The other side down to Exmouth is fantastic.

Reactions: GJW

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure whether this is the right thread but Jack Sparkes has been doing various things for the NHS and has posted a video on his Instagram page doing a keepy up challenge.....very well worth watching and pretty impressive.

Mark Cordell

Thanks for starting this thread, I just came on to post a link.

This is just a pilot but I have ideas to expand it throughout the season. Happy for any feedback or comments if people would not be interested in this one but open to running challenges in the future.

Thanks.

Pete F

Thanks for starting this thread, I just came on to post a link.

This is just a pilot but I have ideas to expand it throughout the season. Happy for any feedback or comments if people would not be interested in this one but open to running challenges in the future.

Thanks.

Pete F

For those who might be interested I’ve worked out some approximate distances of routes along the Exe Estuary Trail starting & finishing from the Piazza Terracina , Haven Banks , Exeter . All distances are there & back.

To The Turf Pub ,10 miles
To the Car Park in Starcross , 16 miles
To the roundabout at Dawlish Warren , 22 miles
on the other side of the river
Darts Farm is 10 miles
Lympstone Railway Train Station is 16 miles
Exmouth Leisure Centre 20 miles
The roundabout at the end of Exmouth Esplanade 26 miles
Budleigh Salterton Lime Kiln Car Park 28 miles

90% of the routes I’ve used are on cycle paths .
I‘m also looking at a 50 mile route from SJP that goes to Budleigh & Dawlish using the Exe Estuary Trail cycle path .

If anyone wants to meet up for a training ride just drop me an email ,or need help with a getting a bike , at [email protected]
Don’t forget about the £50.00 bike repair voucher scheme ( the first batch have all gone , some more will be released soon ) if you need to get your bike serviced .
I am also looking into getting some ECFC cycling jerseys , again let me know if you would like one .
good luck with your training and challenge.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Would be interested if a running version gets done in the future.