• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cycle for City

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to go back a bit.......Exeter to Starcross 16 miles? :rolleyes:
Pete F says in his post
"All distances are there & back."
🚲

GJW

25 miles this morning, before it got too hot. Hopefully do the rest next week.

andrew p long

Just to go back a bit.......Exeter to Starcross 16 miles? :rolleyes:
OP says ‘all distances are there and back (from Haven Banks)’

oops Spoonz beat me to it

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
For those who might be interested I’ve worked out some approximate distances of routes along the Exe Estuary Trail starting & finishing from the Piazza Terracina , Haven Banks , Exeter . All distances are there & back.

To The Turf Pub ,10 miles
To the Car Park in Starcross , 16 miles
To the roundabout at Dawlish Warren , 22 miles
on the other side of the river
Darts Farm is 10 miles
Lympstone Railway Train Station is 16 miles
Exmouth Leisure Centre 20 miles
The roundabout at the end of Exmouth Esplanade 26 miles
Budleigh Salterton Lime Kiln Car Park 28 miles

90% of the routes I’ve used are on cycle paths .
I‘m also looking at a 50 mile route from SJP that goes to Budleigh & Dawlish using the Exe Estuary Trail cycle path .

If anyone wants to meet up for a training ride just drop me an email ,or need help with a getting a bike , at [email protected]
Don’t forget about the £50.00 bike repair voucher scheme ( the first batch have all gone , some more will be released soon ) if you need to get your bike serviced .
I am also looking into getting some ECFC cycling jerseys , again let me know if you would like one .
good luck with your training and challenge.
Would be potentially interested in City cycle jersey.

GJW

Just completed my miles today so claim my limited edition badge. Sent email off to confirm I wasn’t cheating. Actually found it hard today and was a bit slower than normal. Was going to do the Tarka Trail from Braunton to Meeth but couldn’t get a lift to Braunton so went from my place. Just as well because I was ***** today. Actually did 62km but stopped the track at 58 to walk up a hill near the end. Need more practise. I would recommend doing this if anyone is thinking about it, 50 miles until the end of September and you get a shiny badge. Do it over as many cycles as you want.

Red Devon

@GJW Well done on completing the challenge...it was very windy today I only went out for 50km and got caught in very heavy downpour 😌 the badge is very 😎 and well worth the effort.

Reactions: GJW

GJW

The badge is a bloody whopper. Looks massive, even in my small hands. It’s not the sort of badge you pin on your top. More like one to hang above your mantlepiece as a coat of arms.3384