• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crusties set up camp at Exeter Cathedral

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
So a group of these 'Occupy' crusties have set up a camp at Exeter Cathedral to protest against the evil capitalist machine.

Any chance someone local could go and give them a kick and tell the lazy f*ckers to get a job and do their bit to drag the country out of the doldrums?

Many thanks etc etc.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like the St Pauls camp, I really can't see what they're trying to achieve.

Replace Capitalism? OK. But with what? Please go away and come up with the groundings of a suitable alternative and I'm all ears.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
get a job
They can't. That's the f*cking point.

Idiot.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Idiot.
Yes they can. Plenty of them around. Etc.

Grecian2K

Have they borrowed the big tent from Shandygate?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster

Idiot.
B*ll*cks. There are hundreds of jobs around it's just these folk think the jobs on offer are below them.

Idiot.

ETA, according to Jobsite there are 939 jobs around Exeter at the moment, first one that comes up is a £7/hr customer service job almost anyone could do I'd imagine.

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/advsearch?search_type=quick&location_within=20&fp_skill_include=&location_include=exeter&search_currency_code=GBP&search_salary_type=A&search_salary_low=ANY&jobtype=E&daysback=7

Last edited:

LOG

They'll ruin the grass.

Grecian Max

B*ll*cks. There are hundreds of jobs around it's just these folk think the jobs on offer are below them.

Idiot.

ETA, according to Jobsite there are 939 jobs around Exeter at the moment, first one that comes up is a £7/hr customer service job almost anyone could do I'd imagine.

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/advsearch?search_type=quick&location_within=20&fp_skill_include=&location_include=exeter&search_currency_code=GBP&search_salary_type=A&search_salary_low=ANY&jobtype=E&daysback=7
This.

Bunch of f*cking layabouts with no vision or drive to do anything worthwhile. Nice one.

mfcrocker

Idiot.

Have you considered that for whatever reason a £7/hr job may not be sufficient?

Have you also considered that some of the people occupying may be recent graduates who can't find work? You say that these jobs are "beneath them" and they may agree, but so do the people advertising these jobs - it's famously difficult to get an entry-level position when you have a high level of education. Entry-level employers want uneducated staff that they can push around, not someone who'll a) stand up for themselves and b) f*ck off when a proper job turns up.

In the greatest shock, someone on Exeweb fails to empathise with their fellow human being.

mfcrocker

Have you considered that for whatever reason a £7/hr job may not be sufficient?
To clarify, some of them may have kids. Even if they don't, there's a decent chance that between JSA and housing benefit getting such a job would be a pay cut.

Now, obviously it is better for people to work for their money than to lounge around on benefits but if you were in this position, would you (effectively) pay to have to work 35+ hours a week in a sh*t job?