• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crimewatch solved

I've just watched the Crimewatch solved on the BBC and seen the tragic case from Exeter a few years ago which I remember like it was last week because of all the flyers that were given out at the match with whoever we were playing.

It brought home to me some similar incidents that have happened to people I am close to and I have to say I found it very upsetting.

I appreciate that some people on here may not want to discuss it or that this thread may end up being locked or deleted, but I can't sleep after seeing it and thought I would discuss it on here with anyone else who happened to see it.

I always tell myself that I shouldn't watch Crimewatch!

Somerset Grecian

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
What happened ?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Woman got raped in Whipton. She was left comatose. Sadly died a couple of years later.

That was the one. They had a Police presence at a game calling for witnesses regarding a city shirt that made reference to Argyle.

I can vividly remember the leaflet that was handed out. I may still have it in a box of City bits and bobs in the attic, however I shall not go hunting for it.

Somerset Grecian

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah this was one of the worst city related things ever. Disgusting, I can remember just feeling sick when they announced it on the tannoy... Gross.

Number13

And in the end it wasnt a City shirt at all just a red / white proper collared shirt picked up badly on the CCTV around the City.

Didnt know until the programme last night that she had died. They say it had nothing to do with the crime but doubts will always remain

A sad end to a sad story.

Grecian1987

The CCTV footage was one of the most chilling things I have ever seen.

ecfc01

Was disturbing i must admit!

On the upside it shows our hate for Argyle,

Any advertising is good advertising ;-)

secret poster

Torquay fan here. I watched the Crimewatch solved programme, last night. It was a very chilling case. It happened in 2006, I think. She was raped, beaten then dragged unter a parked lorry and left for dead. Poor girl (Well I say girl but she was about 45 at the time. Had a young disabled son and had gone for a rare night out with a friend). Thought it was a bit off though, that the police, from grainy images, thought the crime might have been comitted by an Exeter City supporter. (Turned out to be a hotel worker from Poland) You would have thought that they (police) had learnt their lesson from the Yorkshire ripper case, when they announced that the ripper was from Wearside and had a very strong Wearside accent. (Remember the audio tapes sent to the police from "Wearside Jack"). They then concentrated their hunt on men with strong NE accents. Turned out Peter Sutcliffe was from Yorkshire with no trace of a Wearside tonque! Not knocking what the police do, it's a thankless job really, just seems a bit harsh assuming that the perp "might" have been wearing an Exeter City shirt.

The woman from last nights programme died, in April (2010) from an unexplained rupture of an artery in the chest. Very, very sad case.

Sometimes it's best to leave the past,in the past.