• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crime Figures

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand the cynicism AU, but there are currently 4K spare prison places and rumours of 6 more prison closures next year, perhaps summat`s happening and we`re getting more civilised.
The courts are definitely doing more to keep people out of prison. The guidelines judges are given seem to mean there's a certain calibration nationwide which never happened prior to this century.

I refuse to agree we're more civilised when you only have to watch tv for an hour to see the dumbing down of Britain.

tavyred

The courts are definitely doing more to keep people out of prison. The guidelines judges are given seem to mean there's a certain calibration nationwide which never happened prior to this century.

I refuse to agree we're more civilised when you only have to watch tv for an hour to see the dumbing down of Britain.
Early days I know, but the 'trick' of jailing less people at the same time as crime is falling is a good one if the government can pull it off.

Alistair20000

The drop in crime may be due to the brilliant work of the Home Secretary/glamour nude model Teaser May.

Redvee

Oh well, no more Crimewatch then..?

Forgot we got 500k Romanians arriving soon.

fred binneys head

Oh well, no more Crimewatch then..?

Forgot we got 500k Romanians arriving soon.
Don't panic, Red. Everything will be OK.

Redvee

Don't panic, Red. Everything will be OK.
Cheers Fred, feel better now!

fred binneys head

Always good to spread a little sunshine.