• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket lovely Cricket.

cannockred

Just spent the day in the sunshine watching the ECL European cricket championship. Teams from 30 European counties, all 20-20 champions of their country, playing t10 cricket.

Its played at the cartama oval, a grass cricket pitch with a astroturf wicket, situated in the campo between alhaurin and mijas.

Even the wife enjoyed herself.🙂
20230309_153859.jpg

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just spent the day in the sunshine watching the ECL European cricket championship. Teams from 30 European counties, all 20-20 champions of their country, playing t10 cricket.

Its played at the cartama oval, a grass cricket pitch with a astroturf wicket, situated in the campo between alhaurin and mijas.

Even the wife enjoyed herself.🙂
View attachment 11178
It's on a Freeview sports channel here. I watch it sometimes.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that channel that used to be called "Freesports" shows it, as well as the European Championship T20 stuff - the Spain team has had (last played in 2021) someone who used to play (not particularly well) for the club I play for, albeit before I joined in 2017.

cannockred

All matches are available live with commentary at https://www.ecn.cricket/european-cricket-league
I am lucky enough to live about 10 miles away from the stadium. Later on this year it's the european championship with 30 nations taking part.

cannockred

Today was finals day and the upshot of it was that dreux of France beat hornchurch in the final to become European champions. Saw the bestest catch ever by the irish team. Ball fully 6 feet over the boundary and knocked back into the pitch and caught by a teammate. Amazing at this standard🙂