• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2023

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I've got our last Football quiz league match of the season tonight, so I won't be tuning in to (or attending) our humiliation. The other day our 2s gave up well over 300 runs in a T20 against Sussex (admittedly more like Sussex 1s). I'm not hopeful.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jack Brooks is out on loan again. This time he's joining Robin Hood and his Merrie Men.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jack Brooks is out on loan again. This time he's joining Robin Hood and his Merrie Men.
The short term loan man par excellence.

No chance of him getting a T20 spot for Somerset unless they get injuries in the pace bowling unit

DB9

Jason Roy set to play Major League Cricket in the US, Never heard of this league being set up, This is its inaugural season, Will it work, Will the US take to it?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Jason Roy set to play Major League Cricket in the US, Never heard of this league being set up, This is its inaugural season, Will it work, Will the US take to it?
All good questions but I think we can take it that Mr Roy will be well remunerated

DB9

All good questions but I think we can take it that Mr Roy will be well remunerated
Indeed plus a good lifestyle there too, Just thought i'd never see the day when the US would have Cricket in some "Proffesional" form, I imagine ex-pats might have some sort of league but the words "Major League Cricket" it sounds a bit OTT?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The London Derby in the baseball at Lord’s this evening.
Sorry have the upper hand.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry win comfortably. Jamie Overton batted at 5 and didn't bowl.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sussex close on 183 for 8, mainly thanks to Bopara's 88.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somerset win by 5 Wickets with 3 Balls to spare