• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2022

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
As if the "blundred" isn't bad enough I see that they are planning to introduce the "6ixty", a ten over a side competition in the West Indies ! Whatever next ? :unsure:
I heard about this on the wireless this evening with Tuffers seemingly unimpressed.

Sounded like another crock of sh!te to me. :mad:

Alistair20000

Cidermen will be scratching their heads as to why they lost last night.

It was all because of an absolutely sublime masterclass from James Vince. Is there a more elegant player when he is in this form ? I have just read that his second fifty came in only 15 balls, very ably supported by teenager Tom Prest with a half century of massive skill and maturity. Vince scored overall at more than 2 a ball. Quite remarkable. No other batsman got above 6 but truth to tell they were not needed. A horrid 19th over from Jack Brooks enabled Hampshire to post a challenging 208. Prior to that, Lewis Gregory had gone for 31 in a single over that was the key to acceleration from Vince after a cautious start. Why he was preferred to Lammonby who bowled 2 tight overs up top is curious as Gregory’s first over was poor too.

Even so, with an excellent pitch and one very short boundary, this target was achievable and after Smeed, Banton and Rossouw had blasted their way to cut the asking rate below 10 with wickets in hand and not many overs left Somerset imploded. Banton got out tamely and Rossouw blasted a full toss straight down Fuller’s throat. The incoming batsman found it difficult to get bat on ball and eventually a virtually certain Somerset win ended up as a comfortable Hampshire win.

Only the second T20 Hampshire have won on this ground. Cidermen with back to back defeats now have 3 sides breathing down their necks and need to beat the Welsh in Cardiff tonight.

Alistair20000

England scoring at 4.55 per over. Shame they are 6 down😡

sign of the chimes

Joverton and Bairstow having some fun in this final session.

To be fair to the top order the NZ bowling was superb early on.

Rosencrantz

Case of getting used to it I'm afraid for you Ali. Bairstow and Jamie Overton leading the charge now at 216-6 putting on 161 at almost a run a ball.

It was always likely to be the case of positive cricket under Stokes and McCullum. It will be exciting but we will be 70 all out at times. But then again we were when we batted like tortoises.

Edit. As Chimes says above, it sounded like Boult in particular was on fire with the new ball in favourable conditions. World class operator.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bairstow and Jamie Overton leading the charge now
Annoyed me on the BBC highlights when they interviewed Jonny but only mentioned Jamie as an afterthought.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen did well to recover from 15 for 4 in the 7-over slog last night and go on to win.

Exehausted

Jamie just 3 short of a debut 100. Unbelievably England have a first innings lead of 31 and NZ are already 28 for 1. Exciting stuff!

david61

England should get there this morning but rain around.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
England should get there this morning but rain around.
Play due to start at 12.00